What Hogwarts house would Yuzu belong to?

1 minute ago, Moria Polonius said:

I think Yuzu's most defining trait would be his ambition, thus putting him in Slytherin.

To me, no offence to anyone, it seems that the questions for Slytherin seem self-centered. In my opinion Yuzu is competitive, ambitious but not self-centered. 

3 minutes ago, nagini said:

To me, no offence to anyone, it seems that the questions for Slytherin seem self-centered. In my opinion Yuzu is competitive, ambitious but not self-centered. 

It's true that slytherin's often value self preservation. I think Phineas Nigellus explained this well when he told Harry in The Order of the Phoenix, "We Slytherins are brave, yes, but not stupid. For instance, when given the choice, we will always choose to save our own necks". A slytherin wouldn't always sacrifice themselves for the good of the community, as other houses seem willing to do. Striving for your own ambitions looks selfish, guiltlessly so even, but that is still an admirable trait.

6 minutes ago, tafattsbarn said:

A slytherin wouldn't always sacrifice themselves for the good of the community, as other houses seem willing to do.

Yes, Yuzu chose to keep on skating after the earthquake and chase his dreams, but he did a bunch of ice shows for charity and he's always trying to give back to the community. He still feels very guilty about leaving.

If anything i can picture him as a Gryffindor: Brave, bold and sometimes they do stupid things fueled by a sense of duty and justice (skating while injured, and again, the incredible number of ice shows he skated at to raise money for 3.11).

2 minutes ago, Neenah said:

I think after the Olympics there is no doubt he is a Slytherin, someone from any other house would not be able to pull that act and win against all odds.

I disagree that someone from any other house would not be able to win against all odds! 

:war:

8 minutes ago, nagini said:

I disagree that someone from any other house would not be able to win against all odds! 

:war:

You missed the "pull that act" part :)

:5a7ce9d358326_offtopic1:

I don't really think it matters much because the books and the test don't really match. We have examples of characters doing things that according to the tests and sorting criteria would put them into a different house, in the end it really is about how you perceive the house

1 minute ago, Hydroblade said:

Yes, Yuzu chose to keep on skating after the earthquake and chase his dreams, but he did a bunch of ice shows for charity and he's always trying to give back to the community. He still feels very guilty about leaving.

If anything i can picture him as a Gryffindor: Brave, bold and sometimes they do stupid things fueled by a sense of duty and justice (skating while injured, and again, the incredible number of ice shows he skated at to raise money for 3.11).

This is a valid point. I think the line between what is self preservation and what is selflessness is very narrow, and it's easy to fall somewhere inbetween. I still wouldn't go so far as saying he's a gryffindor, i think his other characteristics outweigh his gryffindor ones. I'm also not sure if him doing stupidly reckless things, such as skating while injured, is fueled by a sense of duty or justice toward himself or his admirer's. I think it might be a blend of both, which would make the water murkier than it already seems to be.

Alas, we will never truly know unless we ask for a detailed analysis made by none other than the man himself. Besides, who knows, he might not even have watched HP, at which point this discussion becomes even more pointless lmao. It was nice discussing things though haha.

1 minute ago, Neenah said:

You missed the "pull that act" part :)

:5a7ce9d358326_offtopic1:

I don't really think it matters much because the books and the test don't really match. We have examples of characters doing things that according to the tests and sorting criteria would put them into a different house, in the end it really is about how you perceive the house

I didn't as it wasn't a direct quote and surely Gryffindor can "pull that act" as it requires bravery too! :winky:

"Gryffindors are known for their nerve, chivalry, daring, courage, bravery and determination. According to J. K. Rowling, Gryffindor roughly corresponds to the element of fire." source

"Slytherins are known for being cunning and ambitious, although it is also known to have produced many Dark witches and wizards. According to J.K. Rowling, Slytherin roughly corresponds to the element of water." source 

10 hours ago, Neenah said:

We have examples of characters doing things that according to the tests and sorting criteria would put them into a different house, in the end it really is about how you perceive the house

This is very true, which is also why this discussion will never let anyone come to a definite conclusion about any subject, ever.

To be honest, I never thought he'd be a Gryffindor. A Ravenclaw maybe, but to me he's definitely Slytherin, it seems the most probable. I think he really fits it.

5 minutes ago, nagini said:

I didn't as it wasn't a direct quote and surely Gryffindor can "pull that act" as it requires bravery too! :winky:

"Gryffindors are known for their nerve, chivalry, daring, courage, bravery and determination. According to J. K. Rowling, Gryffindor roughly corresponds to the element of fire." source

"Slytherins are known for being cunning and ambitious, although it is also known to have produced many Dark witches and wizards. According to J.K. Rowling, Slytherin roughly corresponds to the element of water." source 

This definition is exactly why I think he is a slytherin :biggrin:

• Hydroblade changed the title to What Hogwarts house would Yuzu belong to?