What Hogwarts house would Yuzu belong to?

robin

1 minute ago, nagini said:

Haha, i was wondering when this will be brought up 

PS: I'm truly in gryffindor. The name though it stuck with me as i just liked how it sounds. Long, long time ago i read somewhere that it is a Hindu name and it's  originally coming from the goddess Naga which is the Sanskrit and Pali word for a deity or class of entity or being. I just never thought to change it.

Really? The root of the word means snake, though. There's probably lots of mythology attached to it, snakes are considered mystic and powerful, figure in legends and folktales a lot.

3 minutes ago, WinForPooh said:

Really? The root of the word means snake, though. There's probably lots of mythology attached to it, snakes are considered mystic and powerful, figure in legends and folktales a lot.

Naga are in both Hinduism and Buddhism myths, it's quite interesting. :)

37 minutes ago, Xen said:

we all think Yuzu plans, and then he reveals he decided his layouts for olys on the morning of comp. I  would argue that while he has a large goal, he ends up being more random than premeditated. His attitude towards competition and rivals is different from others, and I would argue lean more towrds Gryffindor. 

Are you talking about the recent doc that went through Yuzu's journey from his injury to the Olympics? Sure, he made the final decision on his layout right before, but it was still carefully calculated. I was in awe when he spoke about how he tweaked his FS program based on what quad jumps everyone else was doing. He does care and is very aware of what scores he needs to win and beat his competitors. 

I dunno, I feel like the Gryffindor spirit would be more like 'do your best and have fun', whereas Yuzu is very fixated on scores. He's not there to have fun out of a love for skating: he's there to win. Its a big contrast to other skaters who skate with the attitude of 'It doesn't matter what score I get because I put everything I had on the ice'. 

7 hours ago, dotsquare said:

Are you talking about the recent doc that went through Yuzu's journey from his injury to the Olympics? Sure, he made the final decision on his layout right before, but it was still carefully calculated. I was in awe when he spoke about how he tweaked his FS program based on what quad jumps everyone else was doing. He does care and is very aware of what scores he needs to win and beat his competitors. 

I dunno, I feel like the Gryffindor spirit would be more like 'do your best and have fun', whereas Yuzu is very fixated on scores. He's not there to have fun out of a love for skating: he's there to win. Its a big contrast to other skaters who skate with the attitude of 'It doesn't matter what score I get because I put everything I had on the ice'. 

I don't really think that Dumbledore or McGonagall can be characterized as only 'do your best and have fun' and not even the slight ambitious and calculating.  

30 minutes ago, dotsquare said:

And this, is the reason why I think he suits a Ravenclaw. All those calculations of points as he plans his final program showcased his wit and intellect. 

And also because I am from Ravenclaw and want him to be in the same house.... :peekapooh:

38 minutes ago, nagini said:

I don't really think that Dumbledore or McGonagall can be characterized as only 'do your best and have fun' and not even the slights ambitious and calculating.  

Lol true, but to be fair they're also a lot older and more mature. I was thinking more of young Gryffindor kids. 

12 minutes ago, yumeaki said:

And this, is the reason why I think he suits a Ravenclaw. All those calculations of points as he plans his final program showcased his wit and intellect. 

And also because I am from Ravenclaw and want him to be in the same house.... :peekapooh:

Also true, but imo Yuzu is too thirsty for victory, attention and perfection to be a Ravenclaw. 

I think I'm too under qualified to debate about HP, so that's as far as I'll go :tumblr_inline_ncmifaymmi1rpglid: But it was still really fun discussing it with you all! 

1 minute ago, KatjaThera said:

*wakes up; sees 80+ new posts; wonders if there's been more news; goes through posts; feels old*

Ahem. Carry on :1:

Woke up to see lots of posts too. Shocked that all of a sudden Harry Potter world entered the planet :surprised:. Decides to delurk and add to the conversation. Sorry @KatjaThera .  My take is Yuzu is a slytherin. Didn't based it Dumbledore or McGonagall but Merlin, the greatest sorcerer of all time. Coincide with Yuzu's GOAT title. Rowling said that in her world Merlin was a Slytherin. Merlin is powerful, noble, loyal to King Arthur and would do anything for Camelot. He is brave and cunning when facing his enemies. He's also a fantastic tactician who keeps his secrets and plans close to his chest until the right time come and not loud and bold. Leave that to Lancelot who is probably very Griffindor. So that's my take. :tumblr_inline_mzx8s4JRlX1r8msi5:

4 minutes ago, Hanin said:

Woke up to see lots of posts too. Shocked that all of a sudden Harry Potter world entered the planet :surprised:. Decides to delurk and add to the conversation. Sorry @KatjaThera .  My take is Yuzu is a slytherin. Didn't based it Dumbledore or McGonagall but Merlin, the greatest sorcerer of all time. Coincide with Yuzu's GOAT title. Rowling said that in her world Merlin was a Slytherin. Merlin is powerful, noble, loyal to King Arthur and would do anything for Camelot. He is brave and cunning when facing his enemies. He's also a fantastic tactician who keeps his secrets and plans close to his chest until the right time come and not loud and bold. Leave that to Lancelot who is probably very Griffindor. So that's my take. :tumblr_inline_mzx8s4JRlX1r8msi5:

this tho. I'm not a big fan of HP, but from what I saw, Yuzu tends to show more Slytherin .... uhhh what is that word again.... remark? Like he is so focused on winning and self-confident in all competition.

I kind of agree that Yuzu encompasses all houses' traits so the Sorting Hat probably has much difficulty sorting Yuzu than Harry. The Sorting Hat does take into account each student's wish so we probably have to ask Yuzu what traits he values more... 

And Yuzu will be like... "HP... is that an anime?" 

I'm all for him setting up a new school. I will ditch Hogwarts to join the new school :P

On a separate but related topic, I do love HP OST. Is the music suitable for skating? 

21 minutes ago, Hanin said:

tbh i don't take much of what rowling has said after the last book as canon because i'm not really fond of retconning:slinkaway:

Going strictly by the books, he is a Gryffindor to me. I mean guys, did you forget that these two were sorted into Gryffindor too?

8f45dd00b9e47abd6008f5e043117b13.gif

[I have very strong opinions about HP:peekapooh:]

• Hydroblade changed the title to What Hogwarts house would Yuzu belong to?