Harry Potter

Hydroblade

Eff yesssss a Potter thread, Space Junk is deliveringggg

So, first, the test everyone did at the beginning gave me this:

You Are 44% Ravenclaw, 27% Gryffindor, 16% Slytherin, and 13% Hufflepuff!

I always considered myself a Ravenclaw, Pottermore put me in Slytherin and that's fine with me (but my heart will forever be blue and bronze).

I read the first 3 HP books when I was 10. Obviously it left a HUGE impression on me and I've lived most of my life being a rabid Potterhead. My nickname started there and people IRL still call me what they call me for an HP online roleplay that happened at least 15 years ago :tumblr_inline_mqt4grU8ua1qz4rgp:. Lately I haven't made any friends who share this obsession and well, I keep all my love inside...but still yearn for friends I can talk Potter with!

I've never liked the movies, the one I like the most is probably the 1st one because I vividly remember the hype and because of the MIND BLOWINGLY AWESOME soundtrack, which is the only part I wholeheartedly accept in my heart :tumblr_inline_mqt4grU8ua1qz4rgp:. I liked the Animals one, but I detest Eddie Redmayne so it was a bad experience on the whole :68468287:. Let's see what happens with the second.

Now, books *rubs hands*

Let's get right into it!

- My favorite book from the series is always between The Order of the Phoenix and The Half Blood Prince. It depends on my mood :rofl:.

- The death that hurt me the most was Sirius, I sobbed for 40 minutes without being able to turn the page. My heart still cringes when I think about it and it's one of the scenes I get more passionate (annoyingly so) over.

Following @yuzupon's lead!:

- Favorite student: Hermione Granger, I felt an instant connection with her since the first book and it has never gone away. I will love her until the end of days, I firmly believe so. Obviously there are many brave and heroic characters throughout the story, but her choices and actions always struck me as amazingly brave and (for the most part) clever. I strived to be like her, I think for a nerdy 10 year old she was an excellent role model and even though she may be a little annoying that just makes me love her more. 

- Favorite teacher: THIS IS HARD I CAN'T CHOOSE. Yes, McGonagall will always win this one, she was way too awesome for her not to win, but I also believe we got a lot more character development for her than the others, who didn't have much of a chance. On character background, I just love Dumbledore. Such a rich story! And I wish there could have been more Flitwick. I really enjoy the tidbits we get every now and then.

- Favorite magical creature: From the books? Probably the sphinx, though its appearance was over in a second. Phoenixes are awesome too, and occamy (occamies?) are awesome too!

- Ship: I remember shipping Hermione and Viktor, hard :68468287:. I'm also fan of weird ships that go nowhere in the story, like Fleur and Ginny and Sirius and Remus...and the gods forgive me, I know he was evil but I do ship Snape and Lily. I ship Sirius with pretty much anyone including myself of course you can't say anything to me I'm married to him and that's final.

- Subjects I would excel at: Charms, definitely. My best subject without a doubt, I think I'd even become a researcher for that subject in the long run and maybe even a teacher (and my nickname started with the author of the standard book of spells :68468287: so yeah!). I'd probably be really good at Potions and Herbology, too...

- Subjects I would suck at: Astronomy, definitely. I love stars but I get lost so easily, I've tried, lol. And if Professor Binns were my History of Magic, I'd probably suck too, though if there were texts I could read instead of paying attention in class I'd probably be able to breeze the class.

- N.E.W.T. subjects: Definitely Charms and Potions, Defense Against the Dark Arts, Transfiguration and Herbology. I know, all of it is core subjects, I'd probably try for a Care of Magical Creatures but less for the caring and more for the "how to use parts of this creature" :tumblr_inline_n18qr5AMus1qid2nw:

And now, for more!

My wand according to Pottermore is made of ash, 11 3/4 in, dragon heartstring and unyielding. I disagree! I'd probably say a black walnut or elm and since I'd probably buy at Ollivander's, I agree with the dragon heartstring (temperamental, yes), somewhere around 10 inches and definitely not unyielding, though it wouldn't be that flexible either. Just not unyielding :68468287:

My Patronus, according to Pottermore, is a Bay Stallion...I wouldn't think so either, way too big and noisy. I'd probably have a cat for a Patronus, for real.

Sorry. I just miss talking Potter. I hope bumping this thread brings more conversation :tumblr_inline_n18qr5lPWB1qid2nw:

Ooooh, bumped!!

Hi @LeadenMyr , welcome fellow Potterhead

This is funny, cz about a week ago, I lost my password to my old Pottermore account, and I apparently didn't use any of my active emails for the recovery. Which, how can I be more Gryffindor-like in my carelessness. I've explored the 100 spots at Hogwarts with my old account!! Ugh!

Anyway, for the new account I wasn't a hatstall anymore (cries), it sorted me into the red-gold house. My Ilvermony house stays Horned Serpent, tho.

My new wand is

dvhb2E6.png

(Old one was dragon heartstring, unyielding, same length but I forgot the wood, yew, probably.)

Larch

Strong, durable and warm in colour, larch has long been valued as an attractive and powerful wand wood. Its reputation for instilling courage and confidence in the user has ensured that demand has always outstripped supply. This much sought-after wand is, however, hard to please in the matter of ideal owners, and trickier to handle than many imagine. I find that it always creates wands of hidden talents and unexpected effects, which likewise describes the master who deserves it. It is often the case that the witch or wizard who belongs to the larch wand may never realise the full extent of their considerable talents until paired with it, but that they will then make an exceptional match.

Phoenix

This is the rarest core type. Phoenix feathers are capable of the greatest range of magic, though they may take longer than either unicorn or dragon cores to reveal this. They show the most initiative, sometimes acting of their own accord, a quality that many witches and wizards dislike. Phoenix feather wands are always the pickiest when it comes to potential owners, for the creature from which they are taken is one of the most independent and detached in the world. These wands are the hardest to tame and to personalise, and their allegiance is usually hard won.

My new Patronus is..... A STAG, just like Harry and James Potter. I am stumped.

2jm28Y9.png

7 minutes ago, yuzupon said:

Ooooh, bumped!!

Hi @LeadenMyr , welcome fellow Potterhead

This is funny, cz about a week ago, I lost my password to my old Pottermore account, and I apparently didn't use any of my active emails for the recovery. Which, how can I be more Gryffindor-like in my carelessness. I've explored the 100 spots at Hogwarts with my old account!! Ugh!

Anyway, for the new account I wasn't a hatstall anymore (cries), it sorted me into the red-gold house. My Ilvermony house stays Horned Serpent, tho.

My new wand is Larch wood with a Phoenix feather core 10 ¾" and Rigid flexibility. (Old one was dragon heartstring, unyielding, same length but I forgot the wood)

My new patronus is..... A STAG, just like Harry and James Potter. I am stumped.

2jm28Y9.png

WHAT NO that's annoying! But you seem to be taking it well :tumblr_inline_mqt4grU8ua1qz4rgp:

Nice Patronus! Always a welcome sight...

And what did Larch wood mean? I can't remember...(Edit: OOOOOHHHHH cool woooood!!!!)

Also forgot my Ilvermorny house, which now that I'm checking, is Thunderbird...I remember feeling cheated, lol.

3 minutes ago, LeadenMyr said:

And what did Larch wood mean? I can't remember...

I edited my post to add the explanations for the wood and the core. Basically, what I gather from the combination of the wood and the core, I would have had the hardest time in the world trying to make the wand cooperate.

Yeah, it was annoying. Especially cz normally I would've saved the password in my browser! But for some reason, I apparently didn't for Pottermore? Like, what?

Ugh! I've had a week to process the loss, tho.:68468287:

Just now, yuzupon said:

I edited my post to add the explanations for the wood and the core.

Yeah, it was annoying. Especially cz normally I would've saved the password in my browser! But for some reason, I apparently didn't for Pottermore? Like, what?

Ugh! I've had a week to process the loss, tho.:68468287:

I remember losing my password for my very first Pottermore account, when it was just weird animations of a few book's passages, I was SO mad! I feel you :sadPooh:

And yeah it was exactly the same. I think the save password feat does come in very handy but hell does it make me lazy. I get scared I'll lose access to all my accounts if Google decides to die some day (of course that won't happen, evil overlords that they are, but still).

• 1 year later...

Daniel reading the first chapter of Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone :sadPooh:

https://www.wizardingworld.com/chapters/reading-the-boy-who-lived

It looks like other actors will read chapters from the first book in the near future as well. It's part of the project "Harry Potter at home" and it's a lovely idea.

So sad that we won't hear Alan Rickman's voice... How wonderful that would be :tumblr_inline_ncmif7esGm1rpglid: