Hope and Legacy

Bilge

Since today is the anniversary of Yuzu winning his 2nd World title i wanted to start this thread Hope and Legacy

a.k.a. the best free skate ever (until he skate a better one:winky: )

which he became the first and remains the only male skater in history to score above 220 points.

Edit: Since yt deleted the legendary video with more than 3M views, here is the back up one

I can’t believe it’s been one year ! I still remember the extreme emotions I felt watching it. After that I went to gym and told all my friends about it ,and I did all my exhausting moves in the gym class with a stupid grin on my face . My heart was swell with joy and pride I could hardly contain myself ! I have always loved H&L. The meaningful moves, matching with music, the quiet but desperate expressions ,...The costume is so beautiful and conveys well with the theme, not one that can be switched around ...anyway  ,who can have so many signatured performances that it’s so hard to pick out your favorite?  

:tumblr_inline_mfy92hO4sm1qid2nw::clap2::embSwan:

To The most Perfect performance of Figure Skating history!!!! :drink2:I really love Hope and Legacy soooo much, I'm kinda surprised that within the fandom it doesn't place as high as I expect it to be. I'd die to see it again :tumblr_inline_mm2wbaeqQM1qz4rgp: I always have an internal fight on whether I like H&L most or Seimei most but in the end it always leans a bit to one side. Ahhhh~~~ let's just say I love these 2 in different ways~ And the H&L costume is also my favourite. And the music, the pianoooooo :goe:

I can never get enough of it :10636614: So if there's any practice or pictures or just video of Yuzu skating to H&L please share it here again so my soul can be watered :pouty:

6 hours ago, VyVy99 said:

:tumblr_inline_mfy92hO4sm1qid2nw::clap2::embSwan:

To The most Perfect performance of Figure Skating history!!!! :drink2:I really love Hope and Legacy soooo much, I'm kinda surprised that within the fandom it doesn't place as high as I expect it to be. I'd die to see it again :tumblr_inline_mm2wbaeqQM1qz4rgp: I always have an internal fight on whether I like H&L most or Seimei most but in the end it always leans a bit to one side. Ahhhh~~~ let's just say I love these 2 in different ways~ And the H&L costume is also my favourite. And the music, the pianoooooo :goe:

I can never get enough of it :10636614: So if there's any practice or pictures or just video of Yuzu skating to H&L please share it here again so my soul can be watered :pouty:

Me too, it was the first season i properly follow his schedule so its special for me. It wasn't perfect throughout the season and i often see people looking for seimei since it was hard to beat, seimei was the top! but i knew if he skate it clean it'd be an amazing performance. I love the costume, music and the movements, the emotion of the program a lot. I always hoped for a clean program and at the very last... he did it! I remember when he landed that combination where he usually fell, with the roar of the crowd, i couldn't hold it my eyes get teary. I was so relieved and at that point i knew it'd be the ultimate performance. And yes its hard to decide, for me seimei and h&l are the best but i lean more on h&l too:snmouchotto:

I love love love H&L in Worlds 2017 for obvious reason. For someone who doesn’t understand much about the technicals parts in figure skating, what attracts me first will just be how the skates flow with the music. I was quite amazed by all the jumps which incorporated well with the flow of the music. And I love the music! This is definitely one skate that I watched quite often after Seimei.

Happy Anniversary! I made a series of twitter posts today and want to share with you: Hope and Legacy was the first FP that I watched after like 3 years (it was my longest break from FS, I was watching it from childhood for 20 years inc breaks ). And I didn't know how men's skating changed or how many quads were included. All I knew that whenever I watched it my soul was cleared and I felt refreshed :). I like all of this program: from start to finish, from music to costume. It the most complete program that ever FS world has seen. We blessed to witness it. And it was really a mistake to begin my return to FS from Yuzuru's H&L, because it's so perfect and organic that other FS just pales in comparison. Because of Yuzuru I finally learned all jumps and dive in technical staff. Bcs I was really curious-why it's so perfect and pleasing to the eye? I watched other current top men and understand that they have way much work to do... And understand that Yuzu is just a very unique human being. We blessed to have him and I'm happy to be his fan.