yuzuangel

2018 Internationaux de France - Tickets and Discussion!

The 2018 IdF will be the last event on the GP series and will be held from Nov 23-25  in Grenoble. Ticket sales are TBD!

13 minutes ago, Altie said:

Isn't idf on 23-25 november in the end ?

Hmm, I was going by this tweet which states that Rostelecom Cup is last:

1 minute ago, yuzuangel said:

Hmm, I was going by this tweet which states that Rostelecom Cup is last:

ISU just corrected the dates on the events page, so IDF is last Nov 23-25

4 minutes ago, kelly said:

ISU just corrected the dates on the events page, so IDF is last Nov 23-25

Oh, ok! I'll correct it.

It's still early days, but I thought the schedule, seating map and ticket prices from last year might be helpful since this year's IdF is probably going to be in the same venue :)

I'm not familiar with the costs of figure skating competitions, but I don't think 200USD is all that bad for both men's programs and the gala. 

Tarifs-IFP.jpgIFP2017-Programme.jpg

Plan_PatinoirePoleSud_Billeterie-600x438

6 hours ago, Coquelicot said:

Any idea when tickets for IdF will probably go on sale?  And is it typically before/after GP assignments are announced?

Last year, IdF tickets were released in the first week of July. The year before that, they were released in the first week of August. Both were after GP assignments had been released. 

Anyone knows if there is some kind of official website for IdF? I've tried to search everywhere but looks like it's well hidden :confused:

8 minutes ago, Smultron said:

Anyone knows if there is some kind of official website for IdF? I've tried to search everywhere but looks like it's well hidden :confused:

I have found some informations on the French federation's website: 

https://ffsg.org/evenement/isu-grand-prix-figure-skating-grenoble-fra/

According to the FFSG, tickets will be sold here: http://www.francebillet.com/place-spectacle/manifestation/Patinage-artistique-INTERNATIONAUX-DE-FRANCE-PATINAGE-PAT17.htm#/calendrier/ 

4 hours ago, sallycinnamon said:

Thanks for linking! 

Kinda weird that they're only selling balcony seats in person literally days before the competition. At least that means if anyone misses out on the online tickets, there's a good shot that you can still get tickets through this although I'm guessing there will be long lines involved (if Yuzu goes) 

1 hour ago, dotsquare said:

Thanks for linking! 

Kinda weird that they're only selling balcony seats in person literally days before the competition. At least that means if anyone misses out on the online tickets, there's a good shot that you can still get tickets through this although I'm guessing there will be long lines involved (if Yuzu goes) 

Correct me if I'm wrong, but it seems like it's not only the balcony, but also the red tribunes. And only the yellow sections will be sold online, so that's a rather limited number of seats (the best ones, but still... better to get worse seats than nothing).

It might be a solution for the local audience, but for those travelling from abroad, making the trip just to (potentially) not get tickets is pretty meh. Again, that's assuming Yuzu gets assigned there... otherwise, I guess, there won't be that much of a problem.

4 hours ago, Rainna said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but it seems like it's not only the balcony, but also the red tribunes. And only the yellow sections will be sold online, so that's a rather limited number of seats (the best ones, but still... better to get worse seats than nothing).

It might be a solution for the local audience, but for those travelling from abroad, making the trip just to (potentially) not get tickets is pretty meh. Again, that's assuming Yuzu gets assigned there... otherwise, I guess, there won't be that much of a problem.

Ohhh I see! I thought by tribune they meant the press seats- didn't realise it also included Cat1 seats. Thanks for pointing that out! 

Yeah, seems like getting tickets is going to be pain. I actually had my eyes on the red seats because someone commented on another forum that the judge side seats were super obstructed during last year's IdF. Ugh. 

Man, they must be really confident that they're going to be able to sell well if they've put over half their seats up for offline sales literally days before. 

2 hours ago, dotsquare said:

Ohhh I see! I thought by tribune they meant the press seats- didn't realise it also included Cat1 seats. Thanks for pointing that out! 

Yeah, seems like getting tickets is going to be pain. I actually had my eyes on the red seats because someone commented on another forum that the judge side seats were super obstructed during last year's IdF. Ugh. 

Man, they must be really confident that they're going to be able to sell well if they've put over half their seats up for offline sales literally days before. 

Well, they did invite Yuzu basically so maybe they’re expecting him to come and that’s why they’re confident?

7 hours ago, Rainna said:

Yeah, this IS a problem. It would be difficult to plan a trip from overseas if you're not sure you'll get a ticket. Or maybe they want the option to offer the seats to travel tours, packages, etc. And anything left over will be what they'll offer for sale on the day. If this is the case, they should clealy state beforehand how many tickets will be available at that time so that fans can judge whether they'll be willing to risk going there without pre-bought tickets or not.