yuzuangel

2018 NHK Trophy - Tickets and Discussion!

The NHK Trophy is the fourth event on the GP series and will take place Nov 09-11 in Hiroshima. Ticket sales are TBD!

7 hours ago, beki said:

Do we know the venue?

Iirc the venue for last year was only announced when the website went up on the 24th of July so we probably won't know until then. 

Really glad it's being held in Hiroshima this year not that I can go *cries*. Tokyo and Kyoto are nice in their own ways too, but if I ever went to live in Japan I would want to be in Hiroshima. It has a much more peaceful vibe imo. 

37 minutes ago, dotsquare said:

Really glad it's being held in Hiroshima this year not that I can go *cries*. Tokyo and Kyoto are nice in their own ways too, but if I ever went to live in Japan I would want to be in Hiroshima. It has a much more peaceful vibe imo. 

The smaller cities are so nice and you can actually breathe! Hiroshima is so lovely between the ocean and the mountains. <3 I’m really glad he did H&F this year because I probably never would have gone to magical Nagano otherwise. It was quite a shock having to go to Tokyo to fly home. I think it’s a great city for party people but it can be very overwhelming for quiet types like me.

After the announcement of Hiroshima NHK at last year’s gala, I saw on Twitter that hotels were already getting booked up that same night! There’s hardly anything affordable left. The Hanyu economy is amazing. Now watch everyone cancel when he gets assigned somewhere else. :D

10 minutes ago, SparkleSalad said:

The smaller cities are so nice and you can actually breathe! Hiroshima is so lovely between the ocean and the mountains. <3 I’m really glad he did H&F this year because I probably never would have gone to magical Nagano otherwise. It was quite a shock having to go to Tokyo to fly home. I think it’s a great city for party people but it can be very overwhelming for quiet types like me.

After the announcement of Hiroshima NHK at last year’s gala, I saw on Twitter that hotels were already getting booked up that same night! There’s hardly anything affordable left. The Hanyu economy is amazing. Now watch everyone cancel when he gets assigned somewhere else. :D

And here I was thinking I'd get a leg up by trying to book before the GP assignments are out. There's no underestimating Japanese fans. 

Trying to guess at the venue, I only could find Hiroshima Green Arena. That would be great because it seats 8500. But there could very well be something smaller not on my radar. The last time they had the NHK Trophy in Hiroshima was 1991.

I think it's just been confirmed that NHK 2018 will be held in Hiroshima Green Arena. Really hope can buy the tickets...

Just now, joe said:

I think it's just been confirmed that NHK 2018 will be held in Hiroshima Green Arena. Really hope can buy the tickets...

Good luck! :) Try to book some free cancellation accommodation ASAP if you plan on going. Don't want to end up with tickets and nowhere to stay!

7 minutes ago, SparkleSalad said:

Good luck! :) Try to book some free cancellation accommodation ASAP if you plan on going. Don't want to end up with tickets and nowhere to stay!

Yes, and I actually book the hostel in Hiroshima already!! Finger cross for the tickets! First time

On 6/15/2018 at 6:39 AM, SparkleSalad said:

Totally OT, but I think it also depends where in Tokyo you go... In Taito where I usually stay is quite nice, quiet and homey. Although admittedly, nowhere near as peaceful as Nagano looked lol

I've started dreaming of the embargo on holidays in November at my work place being lifted... if it was, I might just try Hiroshima... if Yuzu goes there, of course (I'll have to pass on Worlds, since I want to try for ice shows next year and twice in Japan in a short time is way too much for my budget... Also, Milan is still a trauma >_<) There are so many question marks...

3 minutes ago, KatjaThera said:

Totally OT, but I think it also depends where in Tokyo you go... In Taito where I usually stay is quite nice, quiet and homey. Although admittedly, nowhere near as peaceful as Nagano looked lol

I've started dreaming of the embargo on holidays in November at my work place being lifted... if it was, I might just try Hiroshima... if Yuzu goes there, of course (I'll have to pass on Worlds, since I want to try for ice shows next year and twice in Japan in a short time is way too much for my budget... Also, Milan is still a trauma >_<) There are so many question marks...

頑張って!:tumblr_inline_n18qrbDQJn1qid2nw: I think NHK would be nice but no practices and no all event tickets for foreigners is a drawback. I think it's hard to justify travelling that far if you can only get a ticket for one day, though if you plan on a holiday to Japan anyway then of course it's just a bonus. :) Ice shows are super fun and magical and going to the smaller towns on the FaOI tour is really nice (though all I saw of Kanazawa was the inside of my hotel room, the inside of the bus, and the inside of the venue. >_<) I really want to see the 黒い子 so I wonder if Worlds isn't the best bet, though I suppose you just try to go where you can and roll with it. :)

57 minutes ago, SparkleSalad said:

頑張って!:tumblr_inline_n18qrbDQJn1qid2nw: I think NHK would be nice but no practices and no all event tickets for foreigners is a drawback. I think it's hard to justify travelling that far if you can only get a ticket for one day, though if you plan on a holiday to Japan anyway then of course it's just a bonus. :) Ice shows are super fun and magical and going to the smaller towns on the FaOI tour is really nice (though all I saw of Kanazawa was the inside of my hotel room, the inside of the bus, and the inside of the venue. >_<) I really want to see the 黒い子 so I wonder if Worlds isn't the best bet, though I suppose you just try to go where you can and roll with it. :)

That's true, I forgot about the no practices at NHK... >_< And if by some chance Yuzu does decide to retire this season, Worlds in Saitama would be so special... But I'm contemplating taking my entire holiday next year in the Summer to go to as many ice shows as I can, which is pretty crazy... but we'll see... For now, I have to survive this week, with the nervousness lol

40 minutes ago, KatjaThera said:

And if by some chance Yuzu does decide to retire this season

Come here so I can wash your mouth out with soap. :hachimaki: