yuzuangel

2018 ACI - Tickets and Discussion :)

Woohoo...the most well-attended Senior B/Challenger Series in the last couple of years! :biggrin:

https://skatecanada.ca/2018/03/oakville-to-host-2018-autumn-classic-international/

OTTAWA, ON: Skate Canada has announced that it will host the 2018 Autumn Classic International in Oakville, Ont. The fifth edition of the event will take place from September 20-22, 2018, at the Sixteen Mile Sports Complex.

The senior international figure skating competition has previously been a stop on the International Skating Union’s (ISU) Challenger Series in 2014, 2016 and 2017, with hopes of again being included in 2018. A decision regarding Challenger Series status will be announced this summer by the ISU. Events for men, women, pairs and ice dance will feature some of the top skaters in the world. The 2017 competition featured 47 entries (63 skaters) from 15 countries.

“The Autumn Classic International has become a highly anticipated event on the Canadian and international skating calendar,” said Debra Armstrong, CEO, Skate Canada. “We are excited to bring a competition with such great talents from around the world to Oakville and the beautiful facility at Sixteen Mile Sports Complex.”

Tickets for the event will go on sale this summer at a date to be announced. All-event tickets will be priced at $85, with single day passes being priced as follows: $30 for Thursday, $35 for Friday and $35 for Saturday. Tickets include entry to view practices on the date(s) of each ticket.

To register for notification of ticket on-sale dates for Skate Canada events, please fill out the form located here.

Is anyone thinking of going? 

Yes, I am thinking of going to ACI, Skate Canada, or GPF?  

I am a new Yuzu fan so I haven’t been to any fs competition.  I live in Toronto and so ACI will be closest (like an hour drive).  Skate Canada is also close and GPF will be the farthest one but not bad.

wondering if anyone has been to these ones and can give me some pros and cons of each?

well, we are not sure if Yuzu will be competing in these ones yet, probably will know by June or July?

thanks!!

38 minutes ago, holina said:

I am a new Yuzu fan so I haven’t been to any fs competition.  I live in Toronto and so ACI will be closest (like an hour drive).  Skate Canada is also close and GPF will be the farthest one but not bad.

wondering if anyone has been to these ones and can give me some pros and cons of each?

well, we are not sure if Yuzu will be competing in these ones yet, probably will know by June or July?

thanks!!

I'd say to go for ACI. Since it's a smaller competition, it's held in a smaller rink so it feels much more intimate, plus you live in Toronto so you won't need to travel much. It also costs much less than the other 2 competitions. However, if you also want to see some other skaters, GPF might be a better option than Skate Canada

3 hours ago, holina said:

thanks!!

So envious that you're so close to so many skating comps! If I were you, I would just yolo and go to all of them :muahaha: 

i say that because i'm from the opposite side of the world and no one here really cares about ice skating...

But I agree with @kelly, ACI looks really cozy compared to other comps and I would expect you'd have an excellent view no matter where you are seated because of that.

43 minutes ago, dotsquare said:

So envious that you're so close to so many skating comps! If I were you, I would just yolo and go to all of them :muahaha: 

i say that because i'm from the opposite side of the world and no one here really cares about ice skating...

But I agree with @kelly, ACI looks really cozy compared to other comps and I would expect you'd have an excellent view no matter where you are seated because of that.

Plus there's a higher chance of bumping into some skaters :winky:

The only thing in my way is my schedule - tentatively I have to be travel right before and right after ACI for work (as in, fly to DC from Atlanta, then to Toronto, then back to Atlanta to head out to South Africa for a few weeks). The main pro for me (other than the comp ofc) is that I get to visit family in Toronto at the same time (and get to have some of mom's cooking!). 

Does anyone know how much tickets cost and around when they're usually released?

Disregard. I clicked the link with all the info. That link right there. Right in the first post. The one that you can't miss. :facepalm:

What's the rush for tickets like, though? Is it as terrible as Japanese competitions? 

2 hours ago, SparkleSalad said:

Does anyone know how much tickets cost and around when they're usually released?

Disregard. I clicked the link with all the info. That link right there. Right in the first post. The one that you can't miss. :facepalm:

What's the rush for tickets like, though? Is it as terrible as Japanese competitions? 

The rush is that there are less tickets due to the smaller venue. Also if Yuzu goes and competes there, get ready for hotels, tickets etc all to be gone within a day.

Personal experience time: ACI 2017 in Montreal. I got the last free room in my hotel about 2 months before ACI 2017. At least half my hotel were skating tour groups. =) I would arrive back at the hotel at night, find a placard saying when they were leaving, and each morning was a trip to beat them to the rink before that. :13877886:

I think if I go this year, I'll probably Air BnB with other satellites.

10 minutes ago, Xen said:

The rush is that there are less tickets due to the smaller venue. Also if Yuzu goes and competes there, get ready for hotels, tickets etc all to be gone within a day.

Personal experience time: ACI 2017 in Montreal. I got the last free room in my hotel about 2 months before ACI 2017. At least half my hotel were skating tour groups. =) I would arrive back at the hotel at night, find a placard saying when they were leaving, and each morning was a trip to beat them to the rink before that. :13877886:

I think if I go this year, I'll probably Air BnB with other satellites.

O_O

I'd say I'll just give up now but... something always goes wrong. I think I'll just try to get tickets to anything and everything I can, even if it means pain. :13877886: 

Looked up Oakville and as it turns out I actually used to live about a 20min drive away in the next city over (Mississauga) :13877886:

The other thing about ACI is that there's no allocated seating so you will have to fight the Japanese fanyus for front row seats (if you dare) :tumblr_inline_n0o1fjLfy91qid2nw:

30 minutes ago, dotsquare said:

Looked up Oakville and as it turns out I actually used to live about a 20min drive away in the next city over (Mississauga) :13877886:

The other thing about ACI is that there's no allocated seating so you will have to fight the Japanese fanyus for front row seats (if you dare) :tumblr_inline_n0o1fjLfy91qid2nw:

But if the rink is smaller, you can get a really nice view even from the balcony, standing. =)

12 hours ago, SparkleSalad said:

It's definitely not as bad, though they do sell out pretty fast. The all-events sold out in a few hours and the other tickets sold out in a few days