Team Canada

On 3/5/2019 at 1:16 AM, Fay said:

Lyubov Ilyushechkina and Charlie Bilodeau have teamed up to make a new pair. 

https://skatecanada.ca/2019/03/lubov-ilyushechkina-and-charlie-bilodeau-to-compete-in-pairs-together/

Yay! Don't know what happened to her carrier in Cirque de Soleil but happy to be able to see Lubov again in competitions :tumblr_inline_nhkezsTB3v1qid2nw:

2 hours ago, SparkleSalad said:

Nam...

There was a time I was thinking that the TCC brothers were always like this...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Unfortunately, Gabi came back from WTT with another concussion, two broken ribs and a serious injury on her knee. Hope she recovers from all that and leaves this dreadful season behind. 

2 hours ago, Fay said:

Unfortunately, Gabi came back from WTT with another concussion, two broken ribs and a serious injury on her knee. Hope she recovers from all that and leaves this dreadful season behind. 

those bruises are scary....skating gods give this girl a break ok?

Gabby!!... it looks like she's been to the wars!! What a year she has had. Time to say goodbye to this horrid season, take a good rest, and press the reset button.

I hope her concussion symptoms aren't too severe and that, in particular, the post concussion mental issues don't come back. I had post concussion syndrome myself, and your brain plays evil games with you as they did with her last fall... so I hope that experience will help her through this latest one. I am definitely behind her for the next season.

On 4/20/2019 at 3:14 PM, Fay said:

Yikes. 

Stars On Ice Canada is underway. I went to the Ottawa show last night and Kurt stunned everyone by jumping a 2A, a  triple something and doing one of his famous back flips!  Not to be outdone, Elvis cracked out at huge 2or 3A too. Not bad for a pair of 50somethings! 

The rest of the show was excellent as well. No weak spots. Just awesomeness from start to finish. I wish Nam could skate like that in competition! He was so good! 

Evgenia and Kaetlyn Osmond did side-by-side jumps which was verrry interesting to watch. Kaetlyn's jumps are so huge and powerful. You can really see that all her power comes from her legs. Whereas Evgenia's technique right now looks halfway between her old technique and her new one. She's using a lot of arm but trying to jump from the legs too...not sure what she trying to accomplish but it looked a little wild. :ohno:

All that to say, if you have the opportunity to go, it's worth it!!!