Team Canada

4 minutes ago, Xen said:

But...what if it becomes true? Even Javi said he will continue to compete, but not the full GP. 

What Patrick goes, "Hey, I won't do the full GP, but I'll just do skate Canada trollololol"?

Taking it over here... :biggrin: 

I guess it's possible because Canadian field isn't very deep, but it's still deeper than the Spanish field. Javi says he will compete at Europeans only, and that would help his country with spots (not that they really need them). But Patrick competing at SC would only take away spots from other Canadians. Even a weak Patrick will still place better than the 3rd best Canadian, so he'd still deserve to go, but maybe they'd want to use the spots for development, because GP rankings are a lot of points and also lead to qualification for the GPF and all. So I can't really see it happening. Patrick is free to go to 4CC though, but there's usually more competition there, and it's not always held in Canada so he can't rely on home field advantage. Not that he'd need it for most years, I guess.

1 minute ago, yuzuangel said:

Taking it over here... :biggrin: 

I guess it's possible because Canadian field isn't very deep, but it's still deeper than the Spanish field. Javi says he will compete at Europeans only, and that would help his country with spots (not that they really need them). But Patrick competing at SC would only take away spots from other Canadians. So I can't really see it happening. Patrick is free to go to 4CC though, but there's usually more competition there, and it's not always held in Canada so he can't rely on home field advantage. Not that he'd need it for most years, I guess.

Yes, I'm curious who steps up to the plate other than Keegan Messing? Nam-maybe, but his showings recently haven't been great. Roman Sadovsky? Not sure yet. And Stephen is still in juniors (and I'm worried about the potential pressure on him). 

Canadian ladies-I'm curious too, because the junior ranks I haven't seen that many new canadian ladies show up. Canadian ice dance on the other hand, seem to be thriving. 

6 minutes ago, Sombreuil said:

I really hope Stephen Gogolev can be spared the infant prodigy hype and be allowed to develop at his own pace 🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻

The hype is what always makes me cringe whenever he is being mentioned. Most of the figure skating prodigies that I watched ended up not getting what they were 'destined for'.