Team Canada

On 12/1/2017 at 7:50 PM, Fay said:

The video for the Nationals... WHERE'S PATRICK? 

Okay I found the original with him in it and then this new one. That is very obviously suspicious. I will say that this seems like the kind of sport where if the drive isn't there it will quickly show up in your performance.  And you can't force someone to be driven.  I'm sure he'll make whatever decision he feels is right for him. 

About Patrick, I'm feeling quite torn, because it would be really sad if he were to retire with the memory of that bad skate as his last competition. I want to see him come back and redeem himself. :sad4: He gave so much to the sport and inspired Yuzuru. tbh I'd be grateful to Patrick even for that alone. He was the first to push for the quad(s) while balancing the TES with pcs... his skating skills are akwnoledged as the best (tho lately he hasn't been awarded properly for them), but I understand than now he must be feeling a bit like a relic from a different era and it must be awful to force yourself to compete if you've lost the taste for that.

I don't want Patrick to feel the burden of having to compete for anyone or anything else but himself. But still, I would be really sad if he won't be in PyeongChang.:smiley-sad016:

C'mon, Patrick, do it for yourself!

You came back one year after Sochi to steal Yuzu's Canadian gold twice, you can't surrender now!

Skate with only one quad, if you have to, but say your goodbye to competitive skating on the biggest stage possible! :hachimaki: 

(I'm spamming fight!Yuzu in a lot of threads of late... so many skaters in need of a fierceZuzu's support...:13877886:)

And that ice coverage is why she's landing quads...... 

Sincerely hope Patrick is just keeping low key... wouldnt Olympic team gold be enough motivation??? Do the quads you are comfy with, skate the programs the way you want and go out with a bang? But, only Patrick knows what is right for Patrick. 

48 minutes ago, SparkleSalad said:

Well, at least it's not a sports car, then I'd really start worrying about a quarter-life crisis. Please come back, Pchan!

:smiley-laughing021:

But true! Hopefully he'll be ready for the Nats, or at least, in good shape.