Team Canada

Nice progs from Patrick and almost clean skates this early in the season:smile: Only in progs with such music I miss the fact that there's no accents for jumps, but it suits his smooth skating and steps are really nice:2thumbsup:

30 minutes ago, cirelle said:

Oh, I though that was lovely. And I was sure I'd hate it bc of Hallelujah, which is so overused in general (in skating too? I'm too new to this to know). 

Hallelujah is a bit overused, but I don't remember that I heard Jeff Buckley's version that often.

It's a double A+ for Patrick that he used the album version of the song!

As much as I like the music...and his skating is nice but to me now it looks like the program would be better as an EX...

20 hours ago, sublimeskating said:

i always say to my mom (in my own little commentaries of skating), that the perfect skater would be someone who can skate like patrick and jump like boyang/nathan!

(this is why i think yuzu has such an edge over others, because he can jump quads like the young quadsters but he can also skate well like patrick!  he's also got more flexibility than most male skaters which is an even bigger bonus!)

Pardon me for being biased, but I think a more accurate term for that is called a Yuzu.  =P

Patrick's a great skater though and I really hope he can podium during PC2018. Jumps are cool, but skating skills are the foundation of the sport and someone like Patrick should be given more credit for that. What's the point of having a PCS scoring section if it can't be used to distinguish skaters like the TES section?

6 hours ago, SSS said:

The beginning of the music:joy:

Is it me or does that remind me of Seimei's start? XD  Was that Patrick's breadth? XD

1 hour ago, singcarcom said:

Pardon me for being biased, but I think a more accurate term for that is called a Yuzu.  =P

Patrick's a great skater though and I really hope he can podium during PC2018. Jumps are cool, but skating skills are the foundation of the sport and someone like Patrick should be given more credit for that. What's the point of having a PCS scoring section if it can't be used to distinguish skaters like the TES section?

Is it me or does that remind me of Seimei's start? XD  Was that Patrick's breadth? XD

:2thumbsup::2thumbsup::2thumbsup:Yuzu is a perfect skater. Boyang/Nathan cannot jump like Yuzu :) Patrick skates similar to Yuzu or the other way around.

Yes, it reminds me of Seimei's start and that's why I :joy:

1 hour ago, singcarcom said:

I don't know if he can because the younger guys are all bring in the war caravan of quads. That might be the case even if Patrick goes clean.

But based on the videos posted, if he goes clean, his programs will be one of those legendary programs that makes people second guess whether they should choose the same music. Having watched him since before Sochi, since he burst onto the senior men's, I feel like Patrick has finally found his own artistic "voice" in the past 2 years. This music, soft, gentle and calming is more befitting of his skating and his wonderful edge flow than the warhorses of the past. Can you imagine putting it just after you watch Seimei? Such a contrast, both equally perfect and the epitome of their styles, neither being warhorses too, the other boys better do mighty well to even leave a dent.

Personally, the SP is okay, but not as touching as the LP. I think the issue, is that the SP has little places where I think he could do a bit of a pause, skid or stop a bit before continuing. Since the pace is a bit different from the LP, he could afford to be a tad bit more dramatic. Though I will say this- if Patrick r****s after this season, then the SP lyrics make it very tear-worthy...pass me the tissues, now that I'm thinking of him leaving competitive skating, I chopped some onions.