Team Canada

3 hours ago, rockstaryuzu said:

So here is the music video Roman shot. The singer is Roman's friend Toy Noah, who also skates and currently works for Disney On Ice:

Both the video and the song are much higher quality than I was expecting.  

Congratulations Roman, really good job  :agree:

I can't believe this is his first music video, I'm really impressed.:yes:

Roman's new instagram post
https://www.instagram.com/tv/CW4lHIIlzC_/?utm_medium=copy_link

Just got back home from Rostelecom Cup 😎 it wasn’t perfect, but I had 2 really strong performances and a personal best score. Wanted to say thank you to everyone for their support! ❤️

Yes Roman, two really good performance. He can be really proud of himself :agree:

:happy0065:

Guest turquoiseblue

A new article about Gabrielle Daleman:
What motivates Canada’s Gabrielle Daleman to continue skating

“My family is absolutely amazing,” Daleman said, “they are out of this world, but my fans are definitely the reason I keep going, they inspire me, they motivate me, and even after everything, they are so supportive and so loving, and I wouldn’t be here without them.”

“They always remind me how much I inspire them, how much of an inspiration (I am) and how I keep coming back fighting,” the Toronto native continued about her fans. “They are just wonderful people who remind me that I am worth so much more than I think I am and how much I love my sport.”

2 hours ago, sallycinnamon said:

Nam is only 10th after the SP with a fall on 4S< and a 2Lz-2T combination. Hope he will skate better in the free skate, but his chances for qualifying for the Olympic team looks really slim now. :( 

That's really a pity :(

I had not seen Stephen for a long time. I still remember when he trained with Yuzu at the TCC .... he is really grown (according his bio 1.79 m :O).

Who is interested here you can watch the Men's SP

Nam's skate starts at 1:50:20

Schedule, results and live stream:

https://skatecanada.ca/2022-skate-canada-challenge/#challenge-schedule

Nice to see Brian and Ghislain :yes:

Guest turquoiseblue

2022 Skate Canada Challenge Results

Senior Men

1 Stephen Gogolev 235.47
2 Aleksa Rakic 205.06
3 Corey Circelli 201.33
4 Bennet Toman 199.54
5 Matthew Newnham 198.16
6 Nam Nguyen 195.97
7 Joseph Phan 190.49

Gogolev FS protocol

Spoiler

URZ4YW7.jpeg

Nguyen FS protocol

Spoiler

3NJy4fe.jpg

Gogolev FS video

Guest turquoiseblue

Stephen Gogolev Tops Men's Field at 2022 Skate Canada Challenge 2022 Skate Canada

"I think tonight was a huge step for Stephen," said Gogolev's coach Lee Barkell. "It was his first time back competing in front of Canadian judges and it's a great stepping stone heading into national championships in January."

Gogolev competed once before this season at the Warsaw Cup ISU Challenger Series event last month placing 11th.

"I felt pretty confident coming into this competition," said Gogolev. "I had more time to work on aspects of the program. I might add an element or two at nationals depending on how comfortable I am with them."

49 minutes ago, turquoiseblue said:

Good to see Stephen Gogolev back competing with greater confidence.  He is still choosing music with angular /sharp movements for both short and free (like his junior programs) and they are not my favorite, but at least there is more effort at performance (although his face is deadpan). Wishing him all the best at the Canadian Nationals. Could he be competing for one of the two spots for the Olympics?   Best wishes also for Joseph Phan, who shows great promise but has problems with consistency...  You realize how difficult it is to maintain consistency when the athletes are performing difficult elements.   So sad to see Nam skating without much energy in this competition.  I hope he will not be too disappointed and able to move on to new challenges in life.  

All in all, I enjoyed watching the Canadian challenger competition - where the scores made more sense, and PCS actually didn't follow the technical scores necessarily.  What a concept!   

6 hours ago, Umebachi said:

Could he be competing for one of the two spots for the Olympics?   

I think yes - if he lands his jumps clean in both programs and others won't skate very well he'd have a chance for a spot. So far he has one 4S in the short program and free skate, and he might work on making his layout a bit harder for Nationals. There is also Wesley Chiu who is still very young but he skated a good free program at Warsaw Cup two weeks ago, landing two 4Ts in the FS.

Roman looks in good position now but he needs to skate well at Nationals in order to finish in one of the top places to get chosen for the Olympic team. He has better reputation with the international judges than younger skaters like Gogolev or Chiu, he can get over 80 PCS if he skates well, and besides his jumps he also has great spins. He is quite inconsistent, though.