Team Canada

1 hour ago, Melodie said:

A mess, I’m telling you

Agreed! What the actual heck. 

Of course we have to see how the season goes, but I feel like the team that will lose out the most will be Trennt and Evelyn. They're the ones most likely to be bumped from their Olympic spot if Eric and Vanessa can qualify. 

Ugh, just when you think it's only RusFed who can bring the drama...

Full video straight from the horse's mouth:

In other news, Keegan and Lane posted wholesome photos of them painting their baby's nursery with a mountain motif on his Instagram.  

Could we please have more skaters like Keegan?

24 minutes ago, sallycinnamon said:

Duhamel sounds bitter:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CN7yPKyLoxz/

A soap opera indeed.

She’s been deprived of the potential income from all those shows. Plus her sister in law is coaching the new team. Ooops. 
It’s great to watch the drama unfold without there being any emotional attachments this time. Thank goodness, it’s not Team Russia for once. 

Yikes, this Radford/James pairing is going to be quite the shit show for Team Canada. It might even overtake Eteri drama (for now...)

I may not like what Meagan writes on Twitter (I think she's totally out of touch with a lot of skating fans and skating rules tbh) but it really seems that Eric did not communicate with her whatsoever. I also think her bringing up the fact that she was pregnant while doing skating shows with him is a damn good way to taint his character. If he asked her to skate shows while she was pregnant why could he not at least extend the courtesy to say that he wanted to compete again with another partner? 

And we all know what's going on with Vanessa with Morgan and all that unpleasantness... 

This pairing is NOT going to be popular to say the least - what were they thinking?

https://www.instagram.com/p/CN8jqa5hRRa/?igshid=1vdazexclhw62

Eric’s statement is on the last two slides. Looks like even from his side of the story, he didn’t tell Meagan about partnering with Vanessa until after it was a done deal. That’s low.

Between how Eric treated Meagan and how Vanessa skated with Cipres even after the abuse allegations broke... yeah, I’m not gonna be able to support these two at all, even though I love their skating.

Oh man. The implications here just set in... "I was so happy for Meagan but quickly realized I was going to need to come up with a Plan B because our professional partnership was no longer sustainable."

Maybe I'm just extra touchy about this one as both a woman in her thirties and an obstetrician, but... yikes. Meagan gets pregnant and her partner's reaction is to start hunting for a new partner without even having the decency to discuss things with her first? To see if she has any interest in skating professionally after the baby's born? Which, clearly, she did, since they were planning to skate in shows together this year, right? Meanwhile, Aljona Savchenko is still out there skating in shows. Katia Gordeeva even won Olympic gold two years after her first daughter was born!

In short... Eric, your excuse is bad, and you should feel bad.

7 hours ago, sallycinnamon said:

Duhamel sounds bitter:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CN7yPKyLoxz/

A soap opera indeed.

I think she's trying really hard not to sound that way but this obviously is a painful disappointment for her. 

I keep thinking of Charlie Bilodeau who dumped two partners in a row without any warning and left them high and dry...and the whole John Coughlin thing...and of course Vanessa's former partner...and a myriad of other stories and rumours I've heard over the years, from all countries, and , well, it really seems like pairs guys are just a toxic breed of human, like, what gives?