Team Canada

On 2/26/2021 at 6:34 AM, rockstaryuzu said:

Tbh, there was no way this situation was ever going to be anything more than crappy for all of them.  Keegan ( if he goes to Worlds and doesn't decline out of a sense of COVID caution) needs a top ten finish to get Canada's second men's spot back. And Nam and Roman are forced to sit on the sidelines again. 

I thought he had to be among the top 12 or 13, not the top 10? It is even more of a weight on his shoulders.

10 hours ago, Umebachi said:

Perhaps @rockstaryuzu will have more details, but it seems Skate Canada received additional recent videos, (...)

I think Skate Canada stated it themselves, that they would choose from videos they were to receive?

I also like Roman’s skating the most out of the Canadian men, but I guess it’s really a lot of pressure on the one Canadian man who is going to Worlds since the Olympic spots are basically on this one person’s shoulders.  I remember when Roman won the Canadian Nationals last year, Skate Canada kind of waited to see how the guys perform at 4CC first before making the decision on the Worlds spot, and Roman didn’t do well at 4CC.  So perhaps that was considered too...It’s true that Keegan has an edge on Roman regarding BV and the men’s field is not particularly strong/consistent at the moment (other than Yuzu and Nathan who are one-two).  So Keegan may have a good shot at top 10 (or 12? Whatever it is). 

(note I put Yuzu-Nathan as one-two in that order 😃)

8 минут назад, holina сказал:

So perhaps that was considered too...It’s true that Keegan has an edge on Roman regarding BV and the men’s field is not particularly strong/consistent at the moment

I would say all 3 Japanese and 3 USA men look strong, all others are a big question.

As much as I like Roman I really understand why they choose Keegan, he also had to go last season and the only one who had competitive start this season at SA. Sending Roman might be really too much pressure to stand up to for him.

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, rockstaryuzu said:

Roman's latest. He sheds some light on why Keegan and not him was picked to go to Worlds. Essentially Skate Canada is being strategic in the event that WTT goes ahead. 

Scary bit about the car. 

I watched it and just wanted to give him a hug. It must be hard to be denied a chance to be at worlds twice in a row......

Keep going Roman, you will go one day and do amazing, "fighting" ;)

• 4 weeks later...