Team Canada

The clips Nam has been posting of his skating lately have been so beautiful. Has anyone else noticed how much he seems to have grown into himself? He's always been one of my favourites and I've always loved how fun he is while he skates but it's like he just flipped a switch and decided to leave his goofiness off the ice for a moment to reveal this breathtaking side of his skating self. I hestitate to use the word 'sensual' because of the connotations, but it really kind of is. I still love a fun Nam program but it is really nice to see him skate like this too. It surprised me in a way - like that he chose to skate like this, not that I didn't think he could. It'll be an interesting next season between the Canadian guys if they all get through this weird season okay and then flourish.  

• 5 weeks later...
22 hours ago, rockstaryuzu said:

Seems like no one's noticed this? There's a Skate Canada competition going on this weekend and next using pre-recorded skates but live judging:

https://skatecanada.ca/events/2021-skate-canada-challenge/

It's the competition that Roman was filming for

Are we going to have a section on this competition?  I was looking for it... 

2 hours ago, Melodie said:

Canadian Nationals cancelled :( 

This virtually guarantees Team Canada won't be going to Worlds either. What would be the point? Most if the team have barely been able to compete in even one competition this year. 

12 hours ago, rockstaryuzu said:

Roman's reaction to Nationals being canceled. He also explains why it got canceled in more detail 

I want to give Roman a big hug, feel so sorry for him.....and for all the other skaters that prepared for Nats. Hope he can keep up his motivation, must be really hard.....

Fabulous skating by Roman Sadovsky - his spins show his incredible flexibility and elegance, especially the A-spin which usually doesn't look so aesthetically pleasing on most men but Roman manages to turn it into a thing of beauty!   The top four skaters ended up all in the first group!  Corey Cirelli - what a fabulous, artistic skater!  His lay-back Inabauer is gorgeous!  And Conrad Orzel finally manages to skate clean and with confidence!  Nam is always fun to watch.  These are all fabulous skaters!   I am not watching the US Nationals. 

50 minutes ago, avt said:

The dailymotion stream can't be loaded in my computer... is there any alternative link to watch SC Challenge?

YouTube has a number of uploads already.  here is Roman!!

Nam Nguyen 

Conrad Orzel

Corey Cirelli

38 minutes ago, Umebachi said:

YouTube has a number of uploads already.  here is Roman!!

Thank you!! Roman is the first skater I'm rooting for before I jumped into this FS fandom void, even before I found Yuzu :laughing:

His last spin in this program looked so strong.