Team Canada

14 hours ago, LadyLou said:

So, Stephen WD from SA :/  given his training location, it's possible it has to do with his physical condition/preparedness more than anything else (I'm assuming he's there with Raf right now, if not, I'd be kind of relieved, it would mean I should have to worry less about his current condition)

also linking to this post-JWC interview

Yes, I hope it's tied to being safety-minded and choosing not to go out-of-state (a move I would heartily applaud, considering the potential risks tied to travel and the chance that he could get heart damage or another long-term reaction to COVID-19), or having to return to Canada for some reason, and not because he is injured or ill (or in a longer recovery from same).  Patience would seem to favour fostering long-term health over rushing to compete as a new senior, while many parts of the world are seeing new surges.

Roman's reaction. Poor guy has tears in his eyes at one point. 

and, I'm a bit sick of hearing 'sad but understandable'. At this point in the game every grown adult in the world knows exactly what they're supposed to be doing to halt the spread of the virus. If we're getting a second wave, it's because individual, grown, supposedly responsible adults are failing to do what they're supposed to be doing, out of a wanton disregard for their fellow human beings.

Preventing the spread of the virus comes down to individual choices and actions. This second wave didn't have to happen. Yes I'm angry. Sorry. 

I would really like to give a big hug to Roman:consoling2:.

Just saw his last "back on the ice" video and was surprised why a second video was suddenly shown and then this, it is so sad.

Can't imagin how hard it must be to hold onto the motivation to keep going........