Team Canada

2 minutes ago, katonice said:

I gave him the lotion 🙈 It's a simple gift but I'm glad he had fun opening it at least 😊

Apparently you gave him a linguistic challenge as well because he couldn't figure out how to pronounce "shea"...that made me laugh so much.

• 2 weeks later...

I just read Nikolaj Sorensen had a knee surgery and he will miss Nationals along with his partner :( I'm hoping if he's fit enough they will be appointed to Worlds (4CC seems out of the question), otherwise it looks grim for Canadian ID spots... (and also, I want to see their RD again...)

1 hour ago, airi said:

I just read Nikolaj Sorensen had a knee surgery and he will miss Nationals along with his partner :( I'm hoping if he's fit enough they will be appointed to Worlds (4CC seems out of the question), otherwise it looks grim for Canadian ID spots... (and also, I want to see their RD again...)

Sad, they were really climbing in Canadian and world rankings recently. Hope it won't hit them too much and they will come back even stronger soon. On the other hand, if there's a health problem it's good to take proper care of it right on time and not make it worsened. Canadian fed seems to be one of the smartest in terms of supporting their skaters so probably they won't lose momentum on national stage because of that.

7 hours ago, airi said:

Oh, that's unfortunate. They're a really promising team. Was looking forward to seeing them again

On 1/1/2020 at 6:20 AM, Fay said:

Natalie d’Alessandro dancing with Brian Orser! 

Not bad for a man who never competed in ice dance...! 

Who here is attending Canadian Nationals? I'm on the fence about it, but if I don't go, then I'd like to find a volunteer to hold my "Go Roman!" sign up and toss Doraemon at him. If anyone's up for it. (I might include my 'Go Nam!/Go Keegan!/Vas-y Nicholas!' signs too..)

New Romsky video is up on YouTube,  featuring Nam.

6 hours ago, rockstaryuzu said:

Not bad for a man who never competed in ice dance...! 

Who here is attending Canadian Nationals? I'm on the fence about it, but if I don't go, then I'd like to find a volunteer to hold my "Go Roman!" sign up and toss Doraemon at him. If anyone's up for it. (I might include my 'Go Nam!/Go Keegan!/Vas-y Nicholas!' signs too..)

New Romsky video is up on YouTube,  featuring Nam.

I'm going to the men FS with a few other satellites if you need. I was debating getting a Doraemon or Attack on Titan plushie myself ;)

Do Nam & Keegan have any particular theme/mascot? 

9 hours ago, Veveco said:

I'm going to the men FS with a few other satellites if you need. I was debating getting a Doraemon or Attack on Titan plushie myself ;)

Do Nam & Keegan have any particular theme/mascot? 

I don't know...will have to check. 

2 hours later:

yeah, nothing leaps out at me on their Instagrams or twitter except that they both like dogs. there's a couple of images of Nam with pandas in the K&C, and he tweeted a pic of a Naruto-themed banner someone made for him, but no themes of any sort for Keegan that I can find just by googling. 

Anyone else know? 

On 1/6/2020 at 2:08 PM, rockstaryuzu said:

I don't know...will have to check. 

2 hours later:

yeah, nothing leaps out at me on their Instagrams or twitter except that they both like dogs. there's a couple of images of Nam with pandas in the K&C, and he tweeted a pic of a Naruto-themed banner someone made for him, but no themes of any sort for Keegan that I can find just by googling. 

Anyone else know? 

Keegan's trademark is his hat but I don't know if there are plushie versions of it; otherwise he seems to get a kick out of Canadian animal plushies.  I bet he'd love dog plushies as well!  Nam might enjoy a guitar (reference to his programs) or a dog plushie.  Trying to recall if he's mentioned media he like on AMAs but ofc those usually are only put on IG Stories, so vanish after a day. 

I'm considering buying tickets to CNats...need to make up my mind fast!