Team Canada

Just in case anyone is interested, the first vids from the Thank You Canada tour are up on YT. Looks like a fun show, even if the poster who put them up seems to only follow mostly only what Tessa and Scott are doing. Search on YT for 'TTYCT Abbotsford' and you'll find it.

Good luck to Gabby. I think we've seen she's tried to work through her issues while training, but it just hasn't worked. I'm glad she's taking the time she needs and hope she comes back only when she's truly ready and not a moment before. 

Hmm, Canadian ladies' skating is in serious trouble this year...  I wonder if tptb are promising their first born children (or grandchildren, lol) to Kaetlyn to see if she'll get ready for World's...

5 hours ago, liv said:

Good luck to Gabby. I think we've seen she's tried to work through her issues while training, but it just hasn't worked. I'm glad she's taking the time she needs and hope she comes back only when she's truly ready and not a moment before. 

Hmm, Canadian ladies' skating is in serious trouble this year...  I wonder if tptb are promising their first born children (or grandchildren, lol) to Kaetlyn to see if she'll get ready for World's...

I was thinking the same thing. I'm sorry Gabby's had to withdraw but I hope the break will help her get better. It would be a shame if she ends up not being able to compete at all this year. 

For the Canadian women though, this is not good news. Gabby and Kaetlyn were our best and the ones further down the ranks are more like top-20 or top-30 finishers at this point. 

He talked about 4A, too:

-And the limitation of the quads? I know you're actually working on a quad Axel…

It's still in the mix, I'm still doing it on the harness, we're working on getting the confidence built up, but we really want to avoid injury right now. Injury is the difference between what will come next or not, so we want to be as safe as possible. I don't think the limiting of the quads is going to affect me, yet, because all I have right now is my quad toe repeating. If I add another one, it will be the quad Lutz, and that's still in compliance with the rules. And even if I do the quad Axel, with the quad Lutz and the quad toes, it will still fit in with the rules. So as of right now, the only time I'd run into problems would be if I wanted to do two quad toes and two quad Lutzes. But that's in the future, so I'm not even thinking about it too much. I'm mostly focusing on consistency; to do everything every time.

-So then you should only watch training the quad Axel, so you don't get injured.

Yes. And that's a big one, the quad Axel is probably not going to be the most consistent thing ever, because...it's the quad Axel... and it's most likely too risky and not the smartest thing to attempt, but it is a dream of mine to do it. So, you know... we'll see.

-It's a hard balance I guess.

It is a hard balance, but if we approach it correctly, I think we can be safe.  But, I mean, I did injure myself on the triple Axel, which is weird, because I have been doing it since I was 14. 

-Maybe because of training the quad? Since it can mess you up.

Yeah, it can, but no, this was before I started training it. I started after Worlds with the quad Axel.