Team Canada

Hmm...I hate to say this, but I think Nam embodied the feel of his SP more. There are pauses and stops in the program that hit the staccato hits of the song, and the turns are happening where the music has some continuity. I'm not getting that in Keegan's SP...and uh, his hydroblade looks like it had balance issues when he was reaching down. >_>

But lords, Canadian men. Seriously, what is the theme this year? 60's music? As for costuming...look, in China we jokingly call Patrick Chan's skating outfits some combination of long winter underwear (for keeping warm) and training shirts. Is the new theme for canadian men "the office" look? 

3 minutes ago, Xen said:

Hmm...I hate to say this, but I think Nam embodied the feel of his SP more. There are pauses and stops in the program that hit the staccato hits of the song, and the turns are happening where the music has some continuity. I'm not getting that in Keegan's SP...and uh, his hydroblade looks like it had balance issues when he was reaching down. >_>

Agreed, there is something seriously off with Keegan's choreo. I thought it was just me but it looks like everyone have noticed it as well, which is sad because he is a great performer and deserves better. I still hope that it will be fixed, there is still time.

23 minutes ago, Neenah said:

Agreed, there is something seriously off with Keegan's choreo. I thought it was just me but it looks like everyone have noticed it as well, which is sad because he is a great performer and deserves better. I still hope that it will be fixed, there is still time.

I'm looking at it again...and I think his stSq is about a quarter of a beat off, a bit slower than the music to my eyes, and that's what was bugging me the entire time. I expected something quicker, with a slight variation with steps ( was expecting maybe choctaws and more long edges) after that death drop. But nope, I got more turns instead, and him keeping the same pace throughout. 

1 hour ago, hoodie axel said:

No, you're right. The hydroblading was nonsensical, the footwork was a bunch of turns and tricks with no character, the split jump before the Lutz was useless. It's basic CoP "look at everything I can cram in!" choreo set to some jazz music with some decent movement ability.

Its not just only Keegan. Yesterday i watched Conrad orzel's SP and at first I thought the audio was out of sync and it was background music :facepalm: Turn out its really his music. Why they choose that kind of song for a competitive program is a bigger question :facepalm:

19 minutes ago, ballaed said:

when does the men's FS portion start? looking forward to Nam's and (especially) Keegan's programs! Do we know Keegan's FS music for this season yet?

It's already over.

Nam won the competition while Keegan had a messy skate and finished second. You can watch the performances here (Nam at 1:54:00 and Keegan after him)

Uh, really not a fan of Gabby's FS...

I like her Carmen SP though, it really suits her :agree:

I don't know how I feel about Keegan's programs yet... But I kind of adore the guy, so I hope he will do well this season :D