Team Canada

10 minutes ago, Katt said:

Reading Gogolev's protocol is such an experience. 0 and +4 for the same element. And +3 for 1A. I failed to see any special about his spins for all +3,+4,+5. J1 is the only sane person in this panel. 

Back to his perfomance. Quite messy, as expect at this point. I hope they would take out 1 or even 2 quad and focus more on detail as right now, this program is just a jumping fest. Idk why they give him almost 70 pcs, 5 points higher than Joseph ? Also Joseph got -4 and +1 for his pop 4T :13877886:

Also +2 and +5 for the sit spin. 

Scoring is a mess  :13877886:

2 minutes ago, Xen said:

My spirit animal on that judging panel is J1. Even my PCS would be pretty much at that level. 

And regarding his style...well he's young so it's not clear which side he is, but he's reminding me something of a weird mish-mash of Yuzu+nate+Brian Joubert. o_O

His style also reminds me of Javi's.

1 minute ago, sallycinnamon said:

His style also reminds me of Javi's.

Well Javi's style does sell well to judges. But older Javi, no; I haven't paid much attention to younger Javi though. 

No, the more I watch the more I think Joubert. 

9 hours ago, Sammie said:

This is the +4 or +5 GOE??  :13877886:

9 hours ago, WinForPooh said:

Oh.

It's a nice jump, but I thought +4 and +5 was for, you know, the extraordinary.

Don't you know, he landed it :D 

8 hours ago, Xen said:

Wonder how Brian would feel if he has 2 boys with problematic relations with the Flip family.  XD

and javi

1 hour ago, Xen said:

Well Javi's style does sell well to judges. But older Javi, no; I haven't paid much attention to younger Javi though. 

No, the more I watch the more I think Joubert. 

We'll see how he develops later in IN/PE too, it's just early to tell because he's still 13, that's so young. Now he's a bit of a mix but in technique I can see the Orser influences and here and there his skating reminds me of Javi's too. But yes, he's also a bit like Joubert was, strong in technique, but not really good at performing.

7 hours ago, Murieleirum said:

Who drugged J5? 

No, seriously, +4GOE to Gogolev's 4S2T?? What the heck? Well at least with the new system pointing out some of the judges' idiocy is waaay easier. 

Ikr? His 3A looks nice enough, his quads look like they're a bit pre-rotated. 

4 hours ago, WinForPooh said:

Ikr? His 3A looks nice enough, his quads look like they're a bit pre-rotated. 

And that 1A definitely didn't need positive GOE? Or did they want to continue a sort of tradition of +GOE pops from Yuzu to Gogolev? xD

20 minutes ago, Murieleirum said:

And that 1A definitely didn't need positive GOE? Or did they want to continue a sort of tradition of +GOE pops from Yuzu to Gogolev? xD

Well I suppose this answers our question about whether pops are serious errors. Apparently not. Still, it was a nice axel. 

5 minutes ago, WinForPooh said:

Well I suppose this answers our question about whether pops are serious errors. Apparently not. Still, it was a nice axel. 

Well, very high for sure. But if an error is not serious, I would say that 0 GOE is more appropriate than a positive GOE. I mean, maybe Yuzu's 4Lutz at CoR deserved a positive GOE even with that iffy landing that was still pretty smooth. Because it wasn't such an evident error, it was still pleasant to watch. The positives outbalanced the negatives. While a popped jump, in most cases, is evidently a mistake, and it can interrupt the flow of the program... Yuzu's 1A at WTT didn't deserve positive GOE imo. And that was yet another case because it was taken after an IB and a SE, while Gogolev's 3A's entry... I don't remember hah! Anyways yeah, I'm against positive GOE's for pops that are more than 1 rotation. A quadruple that becomes a triple can be pleasant to watch and keep the flow - Patrick Chan for reference. 

18 minutes ago, Murieleirum said:

Well, very high for sure. But if an error is not serious, I would say that 0 GOE is more appropriate than a positive GOE. I mean, maybe Yuzu's 4Lutz at CoR deserved a positive GOE even with that iffy landing that was still pretty smooth. Because it wasn't such an evident error, it was still pleasant to watch. The positives outbalanced the negatives. While a popped jump, in most cases, is evidently a mistake, and it can interrupt the flow of the program... Yuzu's 1A at WTT didn't deserve positive GOE imo. And that was yet another case because it was taken after an IB and a SE, while Gogolev's 3A's entry... I don't remember hah! Anyways yeah, I'm against positive GOE's for pops that are more than 1 rotation. A quadruple that becomes a triple can be pleasant to watch and keep the flow - Patrick Chan for reference. 

Patrick pop is pretty iconic, imo.

Maybe we should wait till an international competition before we have kittens though.