2018/19 GP Assignments

Sigh, I was afraid this could happen to Carolina when she withdrew from JO :( This is definitely the biggest loss tot the GP series until now, not many can skate like her...

(I'm also worried about certain japanese skater, you know who but I won't mention the name, don't want to jinx anything...)

I have no idea who can take these spots, but I want one for Ivett and Kailani. 

predictions regarding GPF ladies' qualifiers now? how many japanese ladies do you think can make it? Kaori has a good shot at making it if she wins silver in Helsinki again, with Zagitova taking the (presumed) gold and mayyybe Panenkova challenging (if she's in a better form than she was earlier this season). Unfortunately, Wakaba has a hard first GP and her injury isn't good news :tumblr_inline_n18qr8XewT1qid2nw: and Mai has a nearly impossible GP in France with Rika, Medvedeva, Sotskova, and Bradie :8122879: so I'm not expecting her to make it. The last hope would be Rika Kihira, who definitely has a chance if she skates well, but you know.

As for the rest, I could see Alina, Evgenia, and Liza making the GPF as well :20111123175531c17:I think it's more likely than not to see a Russia vs. Japan final.

I'm always so frustrated with late withdrawals, there's almost no chance to replace a skater then but so many skaters would love to have a chance at GP...

Also, I don't know if it's official but Gabby probably withdrew from NHK too (she's not on the list anymore).