2018/19 GP Assignments

:offtopic:

Speaking of Daisuke returning to competitive skating, I saw a few people complaining on Tumblr about Hanyu anti coming out in force, coincidently/or not to Daisuke's returning announcement.

I've always been under the impression, based on GS, that a lot of Hanyu Anti's were originally Daisuke fans and then transferred their devotion to Shoma. Is that actually the case or am I just seeing things that aren't there?

50 minutes ago, asiacheetah said:

:offtopic:

Speaking of Daisuke returning to competitive skating, I saw a few people complaining on Tumblr about Hanyu anti coming out in force, coincidently/or not to Daisuke's returning announcement.

I've always been under the impression, based on GS, that a lot of Hanyu Anti's were originally Daisuke fans and then transferred their devotion to Shoma. Is that actually the case or am I just seeing things that aren't there?

I'm not sure, but I was also worried about this lighting a fire under the antis possibly. I just really hope that it won't be the case. 

10 hours ago, yuzuangel said:

I'm not sure, but I was also worried about this lighting a fire under the antis possibly. I just really hope that it won't be the case. 

I've never understood why Hanyu even has antis...even if you liked another skater before, why can't you like both? Double the love, double the fun. It seems unnecessarily toxic to hate in someone new just because your favorite retired. And poor Shoma if those are the kinds of fans he acquired...:59227c768286a__s:

2 hours ago, rockstaryuzu said:

I've never understood why Hanyu even has antis...even if you liked another skater before, why can't you like both? Double the love, double the fun. It seems unnecessarily toxic to hate in someone new just because your favorite retired. And poor Shoma if those are the kinds of fans he acquired...:59227c768286a__s:

See, you're being logical and rational. That's not how antis work, sadly. 

Shoma has a lot of fans and they're definitely not all former Dai fans. He has a lot of fans that are also Yuzu fans and those he has acquired on his own through the past seasons. 

4 hours ago, Xen said:

See, you're being logical and rational. That's not how antis work, sadly. 

I also don't get it - who has the time and energy to be anti. These people must have too much time on their hands... get some hobbies! 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, ralucutzagy said:

Skating needs to be more open to the world — the junior coverage is just one little door, but many more need to be opened. My hope going forward is that the sport will open up to the world for everyone to see. That currently does not exist except for the juniors.

I would like to see other nations open up their competitions to the world — I would love to be able to watch Japanese or Russian nationals, and other competitions that are currently not available outside their respective nations. I am hoping that will change in the not too distant future.

PREACH IT TED! 

Yes, this man's words should be printed in gold letters. And I'd like to add, this isn't just about streams but videos as well. Make them available please, as not all of us can watch live streams due to timezones, and believe it or not, there are folk including myself who still don't have the recording option for TV coverages. I rely on internet videos. And muting music in skating videos is just dumb. It's an honor if a skater chooses someone's music, and it makes the chances that a viewer hears it, likes it and buys it much bigger than a boring mute video.