2018/19 GP Assignments

In the press release Finnish Fed said also that during the years they have repeatedly expressed their will to host a GP event if some other Fed refused for some reason. I´ve heard about this before. I believe they would have accepted to host the event even without Yuzu but on the other hand they might have invited him if they were given a chance to do so within one week. And not only for the ticket sale, but because of him and his history in Finland. This will be his fourth competition here.       

21 minutes ago, Lyyli said:

In the press release Finnish Fed said also that during the years they have repeatedly expressed their will to host a GP event if some other Fed refused for some reason. I´ve heard about this before. I believe they would have accepted to host the event even without Yuzu but on the other hand they might have invited him if they were given a chance to do so within one week. And not only for the ticket sale, but because of him and his history in Finland. This will be his fourth competition here.       

I'll choose to believe this because it's wholesome and wonderful. 

2 minutes ago, kaeryth said:

But didn't Yuzu get his paprika trauma from Finland? :tumblr_inline_mqt4grU8ua1qz4rgp:

I'm sure he'll be more careful this time when he grabs sandwiches and burgers...better check first to make sure it's not Paprika.

1 second after Worlds is over: Alright, who goes where for which GP, let the speculations begin!

1 second after GP assignments are out: Alright, who should actually have gone to which GP and how did they shuffle skaters last minute, let the speculations begin!

Sometimes I just can't with the internet :rofl:

10 minutes ago, Xen said:

I'm sure he'll be more careful this time when he grabs sandwiches and burgers...better check first to make sure it's not Paprika.

Your post count! It's both beautiful and every Japanese on here is probably crossing fingers for the 4 curse. Four Fours. 

Btw, regarding Hotels and B&B... I'm not sure why all you people insist on paying for a place to sleep. Both in Helsinki for Worlds and Milano 2018 I've used coachsurfing and I haven't paid a dime. Hosts in every part of the world are ready to host you and cook meals for you and ask only interaction in exchange. I know that it can be a source of anxiety for some, but imo an empty wallet gives me more anxiety LOL. 
(Besides, what about starting a couchsurf between us fs fans? It would be amazing! I am ready to host anyone next time there will be an event in Rome... which is... never probably :headdesk:)

Spoiler

Sorry for this off topic comment, but I see lots of talks about money and as a person coming from a proletariat family that doesn't own either a house or a car, saving money is like second nature to me :usrs:

1 hour ago, Xen said:

Go to which one you can get a room for sleeping. Are all the hotels and Air BnB for both events completely sold out yet?

If not, I'm really dissappointed!

There are available hotels, but the best hotel are probably sold out (Aerostar in Moscow is sold out for example)

53 minutes ago, yumeaki said:

Explain to me why most people want to stay near the event venue? They are usually a distance away from city central and I honestly am fine with daily 1 hr travelling time by public transport but am I missing out anything? The better hotel near the venue at Moscow are sold out (I haven't check Finland and I'm not sure if I can go) but I am wondering is it a bad move to stay far away from the venue? 

It's just more comfortable to stay near the venue, especially if you go to watch practices in the morning and/or the competition ends late in the evening. 

5 minutes ago, Murieleirum said:

Your post count! It's both beautiful and every Japanese on here is probably crossing fingers for the 4 curse. Four Fours.

There now, posting this to make it more friendly looking.

On the other hand, I know people are complaining about Wakababy and Mai's assignments. Has no one bothered to look at Marin Honda's? Look it up...she has a chance to podium where?

3 minutes ago, Xen said:

There now, posting this to make it more friendly looking.

On the other hand, I know people are complaining about Wakababy and Mai's assignments. Has no one bothered to look at Marin Honda's? Look it up...she has a chance to podium where?

IdF is probably impossible but SkAm is only difficult for her because she's not that good yet. *shrug* She's up against Satton, Kaori, Bradie, Radio, Polina T, but there's no Zhenya, Alina, Caro, or even a 3A threat.

Just now, WinForPooh said:

IdF is probably impossible but SkAm is only difficult for her because she's not that good yet. *shrug* She's up against Satton, Kaori, Bradie, Radio, Polina T, but there's no Zhenya, Alina, Caro, or even a 3A threat.

Satton and Kaori could potentially medal, but Bradie will probably also aim for a medal. Polina and Radio could both potentially beat Marin too. And it's not like USFSA chooses the foreign skaters who could really threaten their own team, but they couldn't fully avoid Satton or Kaori. So they picked Marin as the third JPN skater.

9 minutes ago, Xen said:

Satton and Kaori could potentially medal, but Bradie will probably also aim for a medal. Polina and Radio could both potentially beat Marin too. And it's not like USFSA chooses the foreign skaters who could really threaten their own team, but they couldn't fully avoid Satton or Kaori. So they picked Marin as the third JPN skater.

I know, but none of the others are any easier from what I can see. I don't think she'd be a real podium contender this season at any of the GPs. 

1 hour ago, WinForPooh said:

:iagree:

I think she's underscored as most JPN ladies, but unlike a few other of her compatriots (like Mai at 4CC and Waka at COC last year) she's not going to be robbed of a gold medal despite a great skate.

11 minutes ago, Forcefield said:

:iagree:

I think she's underscored as most JPN ladies, but unlike a few other of her compatriots (like Mai at 4CC and Waka at COC last year) she's not going to be robbed of a gold medal despite a great skate.

Yeah, she's going to place lower than she really should if she's clean (and rotates) and if last season had gone well she would probably be a podium contender this season, but it didn't. Ideally that shouldn't matter and everybody should be scored according their skate on that day and that would give Marin a decent shot at podium, but... I think she'd have trouble at any of the GPs, there are too many ahead of her right now. She'd struggle to overtake a clean Gabby, or even a clean Masha. Polina is kind of in the same boat.