2018/19 GP Assignments

• 2 weeks later...
57 minutes ago, Fay said:

This has to be the most entertaining off-season ever. So... what now? 

prepare some nice cupcakes to go with the popcorn and coffee. And we wait....

Well, the universe is in balance, there were too many good coach changing news, Yuzu recovering during shows, that the skating gods had to show that they are still the same old same old. 

Holy crap.

Not only personal drama, but highest level official drama too.

Bad for Boyang and Sui/Han to be devoud of the home advantage, but good for Junhwan and the young Koran ladies. If Korea accept, of course.

If it was organized in the former Olympic venue, I bet Yuzu would love to go, seeing as luck was on his side there.

1 hour ago, Moria Polonius said:

Bad for Boyang and Sui/Han to be devoud of the home advantage

LOL I don't get why people are saying this, it's not like they ever really had a PCS home-boost. At least, Boyang didn't, and S/H are the best in the world so they got what they deserved.

24 minutes ago, hoodie axel said:

LOL I don't get why people are saying this, it's not like they ever really had a PCS home-boost. At least, Boyang didn't, and S/H are the best in the world so they got what they deserved.

I'm not only counting the judges friendlier eye, but also the supportive crowd and the skaters' tendency to simply perform better at home.

I do have a question for those who thinks this is bad move for China to not host this season.

Look at the landscape of figure skating in China- Sui/Han, Boyang and then who else has even a shot anyways of making it to the GPF? What does China lose from not hosting it for 1 season? Seriously. =/

And if you follow the Chinese narrative, it's not like we ever rely on benefiting in rulings in short track.

3 hours ago, Xen said:

What does China lose from not hosting it for 1 season?

Not for one season, of course, but pride for the coming ones. And the opportunity to gain confidence going into the Olympics.

And I wanted Boyang to get his plush doll flood this season. And finally the gold he deserved in 2016CoC, in front of his home crowd. That would've been great.