2018/19 GP Assignments

1 hour ago, Sammie said:

:party2: Rika got her second spot! I’m really hoping she can get into the finals. This is Sota first one correct? 

First one he'll be participating in, yes. He was assigned to TDF and NHK in 2016, but then he got re-injured and couldn't compete.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Sammie said:

I never really paid attention before but why do ladies have three spot for every GP but men varies 3 or 2 or 1 or no spots in GP? Please educate me anyone :tumblr_inline_mn41rcdXdN1qz4rgp:

Because it's the feds that invite skaters, not the skaters that choose the assignments (expect for the first 3 in each discipline at Worlds). Also the first 12 skaters have 2 spots guaranteed, and top 24 of SB/WS, 1 spot.

50 minutes ago, kelly said:

Because it's the feds that invite skaters, not the skaters that choose the assignments (expect for the first 3 in each discipline at Worlds). Also the first 12 skaters have 2 spots guaranteed, and top 24 of SB/WS, 1 spot.

Ah okay  thank you  :tumblr_inline_mp4i2vHXDy1qz4rgp:

On 10/9/2018 at 1:04 AM, Sammie said:

I never really paid attention before but why do ladies have three spot for every GP but men varies 3 or 2 or 1 or no spots in GP? Please educate me anyone :tumblr_inline_mn41rcdXdN1qz4rgp:

As Kelly said, assignments are given away via one's placement at Worlds (Top 12) or 24 Season's Best total score, so only after giving assignments to all of those can you go down the list, usually in order of Season's Best or whatever a Federation hosting decides. Each Fed that hosts a GP has one spot in each of the disciplines for their own skaters, which is why NHK has 3 Japanese men, but other GPs don't because outside of Yuzuru, Shoma, Kazuki and Keiji, none of the other men earned a SB high enough for GP entries. Whereas there's a LOT of Japanese ladies who had great Season Bests and some couldn't get entries because you can only have a max of 3 per country in each GP (Yuna Shiraiwa comes to mind).