2018/19 GP Assignments

17 minutes ago, hoodie axel said:

At least they didn't already tell him his PCS won't exceed 35 for the SP until he switches countries?

It may sound weird but at this point, they might as well? What I mean is, it is so frustrating to me that this is happening, especially as we know he wouldn't be having this issue if the Korean fed wasn't in shambles as it is, so in some weird way I would actually respect brutal honestly of that type more. Say how it is and put him, and everyone else, out of their misery. It's brutal yes, but at the same time, you don't hope in vain that maybe this time it'll be different. 

15 minutes ago, Yatagarasu said:

What I mean is, it is so frustrating to me that this is happening, especially as we know he wouldn't be having this issue if the Korean fed wasn't in shambles as it is, so in some weird way I would actually respect brutal honestly of that type more.

Oh for sure. In every way, it would be easier to tell all these athletes they're not, actually, participating in a sport. The ones who stay will have my respect, but so will the ones who leave.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, hoodie axel said:

Neither Lim nor Cha has two GP spots? Great.

He at least has a shot at it. Such as it is.

But really, I blame KSA here. If they were in a good state I am sure they'd be pushing for it. Sigh, those folks have a lot to answer for. Their mess hasn't just caused harm before, it's causing harm now. And for who knows how long!

6 minutes ago, Yatagarasu said:

He at least has a shot at it. Such as it is.

But really, I blame KSA here. If they were in a good state I am sure they'd be pushing for it. Sigh, those folks have a lot to answer for. Their mess hasn't just caused harm before, it's causing harm now. And for who knows how long!

I'm really not sure what's up. Both KOR and CHN have a chance to emerge as big skating countries at the end of the quad, I'd say, and while I have faith in CHN doing that due to all their reforming + Beijing + the strong talent they have anyway + their already strong Pairs program (whatever might be happening this season aside), I really DK if KOR will be getting past having only Yuna to speak of even after this quad yet. Sad, because Ji Hun To and Younghyun Cha both impressed me a lot, and Korean skaters still seem to be attempting to learn good technique, whatever the result of it might be. At least they are making coaching efforts with Young and Lim, I guess, and we might see the ladies in a few Worlds yet.

1 minute ago, hoodie axel said:

I'm really not sure what's up. 

When it comes to Korea, it's somewhere on PH, no idea where, the president resigned and there are all sort of accusations, he's under investigation, and the whole fed is in a mess so everything went boom there. So that has to get sorted first, it's beyond skating now. Sigh.