2018/19 GP Assignments

11 minutes ago, shanshani said:

I don't know about Yuzu not being protected. He has to face one of Nathan/Shoma/Misha at each of his GPs, and facing Misha twice is definitely the most favorable situation among the possibilities. The only wrinkle is having to face Boyang in Helsinki too--but even though Boyang and Misha are both threats if Yuzu doesn't skate well, Yuzu still has a pretty hefty advantage over both of them.

If all 3 skate clean. Honestly, it's early season Yuzu vs early season Mikhail vs early season Boyang (and if the always silver at home curse follows him to CoC's replacement).  Which is most likely to go clean, good question. No, what I'm more annoyed about really is the timing, the amount of time he has between his 2 events is narrow, and actually not that great for him. =/ This is why we're all chatting about training bases in europe for him instead of him flying back to Toronto, getting 4-5 days of training in and then flying out to Russia.

1 minute ago, Xen said:

If all 3 skate clean. Honestly, it's early season Yuzu vs early season Mikhail vs early season Boyang (and if the always silver at home curse follows him to CoC's replacement).  Which is most likely to go clean, good question. No, what I'm more annoyed about really is the timing, the amount of time he has between his 2 events is narrow, and actually not that great for him. =/ This is why we're all chatting about training bases in europe for him instead of him flying back to Toronto, getting 4-5 days of training in and then flying out to Russia.

Pretty sure he'd be accommodated at any rink in Russia he wanted, they do love him. Tat loves him. Tat calls a lot of shots. And Yuzu has done some short-term training in Russia so it's not like he's completely unused to it. 

I'm not worried about who Yuzu will face tbh. I don't know what to expect from SkAm, though. Remember last year? Satton was the one who got the most out of it! 

Well, this gives Yuzu until November to get all his jumps back and get in shape. Let's see, what kind of good luck charms can I amass in that time...

3 minutes ago, WinForPooh said:

Pretty sure he'd be accommodated at any rink in Russia he wanted, they do love him. Tat loves him. Tat calls a lot of shots. And Yuzu has done some short-term training in Russia so it's not like he's completely unused to it. 

I'm not worried about who Yuzu will face tbh. I don't know what to expect from SkAm, though. Remember last year? Satton was the one who got the most out of it! 

Well, this gives Yuzu until November to get all his jumps back and get in shape. Let's see, what kind of good luck charms can I amass in that time...

Actually I'm seriously eyeing Finlandia cup, because that timing is almost the same as the previous seasons's ACI/COR time difference. And it gives him more time to train out his quads versus swinging him to ACI. He'll need all the time this season to recover, and especially so if he wants to start with his full layout.

As for rivals...what if Nathan is actually the easier rival this season? No seriously, think about it, he has college that will affect his training. Which Boyang, Shoma and Mikhail do not have.

2 minutes ago, Xen said:

Actually I'm seriously eyeing Finlandia cup, because that timing is almost the same as the previous seasons's ACI/COR time difference. And it gives him more time to train out his quads versus swinging him to ACI. He'll need all the time this season to recover, and especially so if he wants to start with his full layout.

As for rivals...what if Nathan is actually the easier rival this season? No seriously, think about it, he has college that will affect his training. Which Boyang, Shoma and Mikhail do not have.

I am definitely waiting to see how Nathan handles it all. It's a really tall order, and he might do it just fine, but I know that I would never ever be able to pull it off. Most people wouldn't. Every time we try to figure out layouts, we tend to go with the best case scenario for Nathan, as if Yuzu is the only one struggling with injuries and everything. Nathan had them, too, and the 4Lo might always be impractical for him unless he wants a hip replacement by the time he graduates. 

Misha is definitely going to be a challenge but his jumps... Falls are going to be very heavily penalised now. Shoma is the one most likely to challenge Yuzu properly because he already has high PCS, his jumps are never called, and he doesn't really fall that often unless he's injured. Boyang, I dunno. With the ISU vs China thing going, how will it affect the skaters' scores? I've no idea.

I've absolutely no idea about how any of it is going to go. I'm Jon Snow. 

korea refused and the finland fed only got asked a week ago?! Talk about short notice! o_O Can you imagine if no one actually wanted to host the cancelled coc? damn... this almost turned into a disaster orz not surprised that two olympic champions are going there

Finland said, "We will have it, but give us Yuzuru and Alina." LOL.

Yuzu does not really need protection, isn't he? Even if he fails in his GP he will just get kuyashii about it and take his revenge in 4CC and World. With him does not have 4CC gold (yet) and (so far) only 2 world I am totally okay with the outcome as long it is not an injury or sickness. 

Kinda disappointed because it is too far from my location, though. I think I just need to try my luck at world instead.  :hachimaki:

I think originally Yuzuru assigned SC +NHK/IDF, Shoma got COC+NHK. But since COC cancelled, Finland need big names to sell the ticket and get attention so he switch from SC/NHK to Finland and to COR to avoid back to back GPs. Its a deal between Finland, ISU and JSF ( and maybe RUS fed with Alina too).  For me I'm more surprise that him not getting SC than NHK. The only problem here is the small gap between 2 GPs. I really hope he stay in Europe to train for COR with Ghislain. I think Yuzuru will be fine, his current condition is much better than post Boston. Don't forget the 4 min LP, I can see a lot of men struggle with this. He hardly ever get easy competitions so he used to fight for it. As long as he's healthy, I'm ok with anything. I'm so excited just to see his name on GP assignment :tumblr_inline_ncmif5EcBB1rpglid:

Its too early too predict GPF, who couldn've thought last year we had no Yuzuru/Patrick/Javi at final. There will be one or two surprises qualifiers. For me, its Finland>COR=IDF>>NHK>SC=SA for the men's field and IDF=COR > SC>SA=NHK>Finland for ladies. Poor Wakaba and Mai. I can see they rob Mai and 4th place again :13877886: Satoko get good GPs. She and Radionova are the only ones who won't face either Evgenia or Alina. 

I'm really happy with Yuzu's two GP assignments :img_20: We know he loves Finland and Rostelecom Cup last year was so much fun! (even with the kuyashi silver :laughing:)

Is there already an event sched for Rostelecom Cup (I think I saw one from other events)? I just want to know if I'm going to pull an all-nighter or will be making excuses again to cancel dinners :graucho:

2 hours ago, Xen said:

The amount of time he has between assignments is the same whether he did SC and NHK or NHK and IDF, though, isn't it? The only way he'd have more time was if he had been assigned SC and IdF. 

2 hours ago, WinForPooh said:

Plot twist: Yuzuru gets invited to train at Sambo 70 before CoR.

1 minute ago, xeyra said:

The amount of time he has between assignments is the same whether he did SC and NHK or NHK and IDF, though, isn't it? The only way he'd have more time was if he had been assigned SC and IdF. 

Plus, isn't two weeks, like, a lot for him? He recovered two quads while injured in the span of 2 weeks and won the Olympics with that preparation. If he messes something up in his first GP, he has fresh kuyashii to fuel him for the whole period before the other GP, hopefully no travelling in between, just hard focused training (but not too hard). In the end, they are both in November, and that's the great thing - no early GP.