2018/19 GP Assignments

8 minutes ago, Yatagarasu said:

Shoma has super easy assignments. Yuzuru not so much.

I do wish JSF actually cared about their double Olympic champion too but I suppose that's too much to ask. Ah well. 

maybe they just trust that he's gonna be fine anyway. It has pretty much worked till now, Yuzuru is very reliable for JSF...without any need for a push...a Fed couldn't dream for a more ideal skater tbh

Boyang is probably the most unlucky or the top men. Misha for a seeded skater idk how much lucky really was, getting to face Yuzuru both times (tho he's gonna have his fed behind, which Boyang doesn't and Yuzu...well in theory he doesn't need that)

I get the feeling that Yuzuru didn't want NHK after all... But it's impossible to know for sure. And Yuzu doesn't really need fed support the way Shoma does, so it's fine. Tbh I'm dissapointed that he won't meet Nathan and Shoma before (hopefully) GPF...

Where is NHK? I think it's strange and ironic because sometimes I feel like Shoma doesn't like competing at home so much because of the media and pressure. His Japanese and even some international fans still wanted him to get a home GP though, so good for him. Perhaps it would have been better if he got it last year before he had to do GPF in his home ground.

I definitely believe Yuzu wanted Helsinki. Not sure if he had much say in the assignment but it's the one case where if given the choice between NHK and Finland I believe he would choose Finland. It really seems to be a lucky country for him.

I am still in the process of unscrambling my thoughts to write what I think about the men's assignments. 

Is it just me, or the isu website is taking A LONG time to load. I want to see the assignments for IdF, cause from the FS site, it seems like its a slated to be an USA and CAN throwdown. Editted: NM. I somehow missed that the image I saw earlier from actually from ISU...

4 minutes ago, bearsies said:

I am still in the process of unscrambling my thoughts to write what I think about the men's assignments. 

Is it just me, or the isu website is taking A LONG time to load. I want to see the assignments for IdF, cause from the FS site, it seems like its a slated to be an USA and CAN throwdown. 

Just now, wingman said:

FINLAND???? Sorry, I'm still digesting (just got back from dinner). 

What's going on - do you think the whole CoC thing threw it off, no one wants to host, and the ISU was like: "here. Whoever host this one will have Hanyu". ????? 

I admit that was my first thought: especially as Alina - the other OGM - is also going there.  Nice fillip for selling tickets to have both....

And Helsinki would surely have good vibes for Yuzuru.