2018/19 GP Assignments

8 minutes ago, SparkleSalad said:

I can see Antarctica from my house...

I can see Yuzuru Hanyu from my house, skating in European rinks, but I cannot reach him alas, because I am poor. 

I am a little sad... 

2 minutes ago, sallycinnamon said:

It's a very interesting choice, I wouldn't have thought that Finland could get the GP and it's a big surprise that Yuzu goes to not just one but two European GPs! Europe is a lucky place for him, so I hope everything will be okay with going to Finland and Russia and he'll enjoy these competitions and will have fun and success there.

Good luck Yuzu! :tumblr_inline_nhkf0oKdhx1qid2nw: :grouphug:

They should send him a special invitation for Europeans too xD 

2 minutes ago, sallycinnamon said:

It's a very interesting choice, I wouldn't have thought that Finland could get the GP and it's a big surprise that Yuzu goes to not just one but two European GPs! Europe is a lucky place for him, so I hope everything will be okay with going to Finland and Russia and he'll enjoy these competitions and will have fun and success there.

Good luck Yuzu! :tumblr_inline_nhkf0oKdhx1qid2nw: :grouphug:

Oh shit!

Now I got why he goes to Cup of Russia...

kuyashii silver from last year.

He's getting his CoR gold back. 

1 minute ago, Forcefield said:

I know people were saying Javier was the hope of Europe as Asia and NA are dominating men's singles. With Javi's semi-retirement and a big ?? on the Russian boys, maybe Europe decided to adopt Yuzu since JSF has to take care of Shoma. :P

I say adopt him! JSF doesn't really care that much for him anyways. 

I'll be EXTREMELY disappointed if Rika won't get the host pick for NHK. She's the only Jpn girl with the true BV potential to go head to head with Russian ladies (Wakaba & Kaori, what about a 3A?), and she NEEDS all the senior experience and the exposure to build a reputation before the debut of Eteri's jr girls. Tho she's dangerous for the other Jpn ladies at NHK, so maybe JFS would be reluctant to make that field any more crowded...but thinking long-term, I'd invest on her. Her main problem thus far has been her nerves, so yes, she needs to compete at high levels.

Mako earned her spots, she medaled at JWC while Rika didn't, so no issue there.But if JSF can't see the potential of a lady with a stable 3A and training a quad...

Sad that Jun Hwan got only one GP. The most interesting Men competitions will probalby be IDF with Nathan, Dima and Boyang (tho I don't think a clean Boyang can still beat a clean Nathan, more so if Nathan has a good SA) and Helsinki. COR will have many sr debutants with a bunch of quads (and Aliev and Messing:tumblr_inline_n18qr5AMus1qid2nw:)

Shoma vs Vincent, even if Shoma coluld have lower BV, if he stays on his feet it will be easy. Same for Nathan. SC seems...low-key, no offence to other skaters like Jason and Kazuki but they're not going to trouble Shoma (one becasue of BV, the other because PCS).

That's the difference with a skater like Misha. Actually, Misha could deserve better GOE and PCS than most of top skaters, and he has Rus fed behind. So I think Boyang, Yuzuru and Misha got the toughest GP legs overall.

5 minutes ago, Fay said:

I don’t believe Yuzuru Hanyu’s not getting NHK Trophy.... wow. 

Wakaba was also silver at Worlds ahead of Satoko's bronze but they went with Satoko anyway. 

I am so sorry, I said I would sit on my hands. Sorry. 

4 minutes ago, Yatagarasu said:

Wakaba was also silver at Worlds ahead of Satoko's bronze but they went with Satoko anyway. 

Hey, I am the last person to complain, right? Yuzuru Hanyu two time in a row in my city? YAY! 

4 minutes ago, Yatagarasu said:

Wow I didn't notice this. Maybe if Yuzu was seeded they might have picked him over Shoma? Otherwise it makes sense that they went with Shoma sadly.

So, with the Japanese ladies GPs what's the chance they make it to GPF?