2018/19 GP Assignments

1 hour ago, Smultron said:

I’m wheezing :smiley-laughing021:

it does say somehting about my current state of mind that I laughed hysterically at this:headdesk:

51 minutes ago, SparkleSalad said:

Are you sure that's a good idea when we're all trying to not go crazy?

z-gpfsp-n5-2-l2-1-slt5g-1-t6-8.gif
source

:10742290::10742290::10742290::10742290::10742290::10742290::10742290:

I was killed and revived

39 minutes ago, SparkleSalad said:

what is this thing and why am I liking it so much?:tumblr_inline_ncmifiE3IT1rpglid::14066882::13877886:

37 minutes ago, Sombreuil said:

STILL no news - what are they doing engraving the bloody list?

of course, as biblic commandments, they're carving those darn assignment in the stone:gaah:

so, ISU trolling us, uh? what's new?:madwife:

12 hours ago, Xen said:

Due to seeding rules, Shoma and Nate can't meet in the same competition before GPF, and Nate is definitely going to SA.

I stand corrected.

Everybody waiting for the assignments: It's only 1:25pm here (13h25 for those on the 24-hr clock)(My city is in the same time zone as Toronto). ISU hasn't even had time to come back from lunch yet. As this is my first year on watch, I don't know exactly what hour they release assignments, but I'd say it won't be for at least another 30 - 90 minutes. Plenty of time to watch a FAOI highlight reel or something...

3 minutes ago, Tee said:

:LOL:

IM DYIng

guys guys I am sure

the assignments will go out in exactly 35 minutes

which is exactly the time I will take to come back from work and wash my sweaty face and take my mother's visa with my money in it

23 minutes ago, yuzuangel said:

yeah makes sense if JSF feels like Yuzu could easily win against Kolyada

but i don't think they'd lose their chance to have both stars at home. it would be a knockout show. that probably matters more than ensuring 1st places for both. Since they could both easily make the GPF either way, knock on wood of course. and yuzu might not even win the first GP anyway, if history has anything to say about it :P

I was thinking this as well. Even if Shoma were to place second at NHK, if Yuzu and Shoma were to both be there, if Shoma gets silver at his other assignment, and face it that kid's got a silver medal curse, he would still qualify for the gpf right? I feel like the JSF cares more about them both getting to the GPF than what placements they get at individual assignments, so long as objective No. 1 is achieved. 

Feel free to snack on some tasty, tasty 2016-17 3As while you wait. Lots of LGC to wind you up and H&L and Swanyu to calm you down.

3 minutes ago, Murieleirum said:

Fair enough. But I can offer you free aice cream cause @Yatagarasu said so.

Eta: as you can see from the mistakes above, I am not well.

You're just letting your Japanese spill through. :P

10 minutes ago, ClarissaH said:

I was thinking this as well. Even if Shoma were to place second at NHK, if Yuzu and Shoma were to both be there, if Shoma gets silver at his other assignment, and face it that kid's got a silver medal curse, he would still qualify for the gpf right? I feel like the JSF cares more about them both getting to the GPF than what placements they get at individual assignments, so long as objective No. 1 is achieved. 

Or the same thing if Yuzu were to place second at both of his GP assignments (get those two silvers out of the way early so he can get his golds where it matters). 26 points are enough to get someone to the GPF.