2018/19 GP Assignments

2 minutes ago, Yatagarasu said:

Fingers crossed you're online when we find out so that you can do a quick buy then! 

That... might be hard. Shall I give one of you my phone number, so that you can call me when they go out and if I am working, I'll just... run away? :10814716:

I've already the whole thing mapped, which tickets in which section... I only need to materially be online to go for those tickets :13877886:I'm worried they'll announce when I'm sleeping...because it would also mean Japan is fully awake :59227c768286a__s::59227c768286a__s::59227c768286a__s: and I'd wake up to this :th_tumbleweed:

Well from the last two pages it seems that you all think that Yuzu will be at NHK and IdF - I am still holding out hope for SCI but if not I hope we get Shoma or Boyang. And Evgenia! My 5 year old is interested in seeing Yuzu and Sailor Moon girl. HA HA :P

1 hour ago, Murieleirum said:

That... might be hard. Shall I give one of you my phone number, so that you can call me when they go out and if I am working, I'll just... run away? :10814716:

All Euros are in the same boat with work, so we'd need someone in Japan or there about to give you a poke :rofl:

@LucyH It would not surprise me at all if we end up seeing one of those at SC. Zhenya not being seeded sure mixes things up and Boyang's in the same boat. I actually do expect at least some TCC folks there. 

Your 5 year old has good taste :laughing:

6 minutes ago, Yatagarasu said:

All Euros are in the same boat with work, so we'd need someone in Japan or there about to give you a poke :rofl:

@LucyH It would not surprise me at all if we end up seeing one of those at SC. Zhenya not being seeded sure mixes things up and Boyang's in the same boat. I actually do expect at least some TCC folks there. 

Your 5 year old has good taste :laughing:

Must be all the Olympics FS I subjected them to this year :P

5 hours ago, narin said:

Great question. If he ends up going to CoC Milano instead of IdF I will drown myself because I have tickets for IdF and Milano is much closer to me than Grenoble!

I’ll cry too bc i have tickets for IDF and getting to Grenoble is so difficult from London, whereas Milan is nice & easy :( 

5 minutes ago, lilsailor said:

I’ll cry too bc i have tickets for IDF and getting to Grenoble is so difficult from London, whereas Milan is nice & easy :(

It probably doesn't get much easier than from London, actually.

Eurostar to Paris,

(maybe switch train stations by direct metro if the Eurostar arrives at Gare du Nord instead of Gare de Lyon) 

TGV to Grenoble. 

Not saying it's the fastest option, mind, but it's definitely not complicated.

Unless French public transportation are on strike, which they've been doing an awful lot these past few months. *cringe* Then it gets very complicated.

And a direct flight is always easier, of course, *grin* but then most flights probably go to Lyon, not Grenoble. 

2 minutes ago, Winnie_20 said:

Eurostar to Paris,

(maybe switch train stations by direct metro if the Eurostar arrives at Gare du Nord instead of Gare de Lyon) 

TGV to Grenoble. 

Unless French public transportation are on strike, which they've been doing an awful lot these past few months. *cringe* Then it gets very complicated. 

im probably gonna fly London - Lyon and then get a train from Lyon - Grenoble, doesn’t seem to be too expensive.. I’ve never travelled before on my own and I think Paris would scare me 😂 but I’ll look into it, I never actually thought about the eurostar  tbh

4 часа назад, Yatagarasu сказал:

Though, with it not being Paris, then maybe it won't be so bad

Maybe that's the case. To get to a big city there's always more options, Grenoble (Lyon) not so much and most likely not direct flight.

2 hours ago, Winnie_20 said:

Eurostar to Paris,

TGV to Grenoble. 

And a direct flight is always easier, of course, *grin* but then most flights probably go to Lyon, not Grenoble. 

Trains London to Paris arrive at Gare du Nord. I will be in Paris that weekend and I won't be able to go to Grenoble. Happy for you if you can.

26 minutes ago, Lunna said:

Maybe that's the case. To get to a big city there's always more options, Grenoble (Lyon) not so much and most likely not direct flight.

I still haven’t found a reasonable option to travel there for me  :notamused:

It’s either way too expensive (could as well fly to Japan) or traveling for 24h+ which is ridiculous 

9 hours ago, axelnojutsu said:

I still haven’t found a reasonable option to travel there for me  :notamused:

It’s either way too expensive (could as well fly to Japan) or traveling for 24h+ which is ridiculous 

Have you tried rome2rio.com? They can suggest various options. 

You can also try flying to a smaller airport. Or just bookmark your favorite flight and wait for prices to go down. Airline prices work in mysterious ways... 

For what is worth, Grenoble is a quite nice city, surrounded by gorgeous mountains... so, if by any chance you want to stay longer, it might be worth it ?

Another possibility is to go to Lyon, and then rent a car (or take a bus, it's longer but very cheap) - it's only 1h30 to go from there to Grenoble, and it has much (much !) better transit links.