2018/19 GP Assignments

2 minutes ago, narin said:

How does volunteering work? I assume you have to be a skater for that? 

Nope! You can be a volunteer without any particular abilities. There's all sorts of volunteering activities. They need help with transportation, security, customers, arena management, press management, general staff, really there is a loooot of work going into these events. Languages are a good skill to have. You don't have to know how to skate c: You just have to be very willing to work like a slave from 5 am to 1 am every day for a week! :68556365:

5 minutes ago, Yatagarasu said:

About 4 days to go, then you get to keel over :rofl:

(no worries, happens to us all!)

I've never had such a busy summer...

5 minutes ago, Murieleirum said:

Nope! You can be a volunteer without any particular abilities. There's all sorts of volunteering activities. They need help with transportation, security, customers, arena management, press management, general staff, really there is a loooot of work going into these events. Languages are a good skill to have. You don't have to know how to skate c: You just have to be very willing to work like a slave from 5 am to 1 am every day for a week! :68556365:

I've never had such a busy summer...

Do you have twitter maybe? I have a few questions about this volunteer stuff and I don't want to spam this forum:)

2 minutes ago, narin said:

Do you have twitter maybe? I have a few questions about this volunteer stuff and I don't want to spam this forum:)

You can also use PMs here, if that is convenient :)

(let your mouse hover over her avatar; a boxie pops up. Bottom left says Message)

@Murieleirum 5AM to 1AM...??? That's pretty crazy. I'm amazed that you lasted! :bow:

So do you get free tickets (or free rights to be in the stadium?) Or it probably depends on what you're supposed to do during the performances? (Imagine being a security personnel who have to wait outside, that would suck). 

I'm too scared of the ticket battle in Japan, so I just bought SkC ticket and hope for the best. Can't wait for GP assignment to be revealed soon enough...!!

1 minute ago, xeyra said:

Isn't CoC Milano before NHK? So unless Yuzu doesn't do NHK, he's not going to do CoC Milano. 

Yup.

November 2–4 for the WTH is it going to be GP and November 9–11 for NHK.

Which is why I think it's more likely it's NHK and IdF, that is November 23–25.

8 minutes ago, wingman said:

@Murieleirum 5AM to 1AM...??? That's pretty crazy. I'm amazed that you lasted! :bow:

So do you get free tickets (or free rights to be in the stadium?) Or it probably depends on what you're supposed to do during the performances? (Imagine being a security personnel who have to wait outside, that would suck). 

I'm too scared of the ticket battle in Japan, so I just bought SkC ticket and hope for the best. Can't wait for GP assignment to be revealed soon enough...!!

Let's not talk about my Milano experience... I have traumas xD

No, jokes aside, if your volunteering job allows you to, you can watch the competitions in the Arena, either standing behind the seats or sitting down in a section reserved to volunteers (but in Milano's case, this section was in the balcony far up - so I used to sneak around in the B sections, which were closer, and watch the competition from there). 

For example, my job was VIP service so I had to stay in the VIP lounges and the VIP information desk. They put me at the desk for the whole duration of the Men's Free, which was exactly the only event I asked to be able to watch. So what happened was that during the last group, I asked every other volunteer to cover my ass, and I sneaked in the arena and watched the boys fall on their butts until Nathan came and saved the day. 

Btw, thinking about it a second time, I think I'm happy if Yuzuru DOESN'T come to Milan... I'd rather get a ticket for IdF and watch him like normal audience :8:  I hope IdF tickets aren't too expensive, tbh. Does anyone know if skating events in France are pricey? In Italy yes they are. 
(EDIT: sorry don't answer me, I'll just go ask in the IdF thread xD) 

1 minute ago, Murieleirum said:

Let's not talk about my Milano experience... I have traumas xD

No, jokes aside, if your volunteering job allows you to, you can watch the competitions in the Arena, either standing behind the seats or sitting down in a section reserved to volunteers (but in Milano's case, this section was in the balcony far up - so I used to sneak around in the B sections, which were closer, and watch the competition from there). 

For example, my job was VIP service so I had to stay in the VIP lounges and the VIP information desk. They put me at the desk for the whole duration of the Men's Free, which was exactly the only event I asked to be able to watch. So what happened was that during the last group, I asked every other volunteer to cover my ass, and I sneaked in the arena and watched the boys fall on their butts until Nathan came and saved the day. 

Btw, thinking about it a second time, I think I'm happy if Yuzuru DOESN'T come to Milan... I'd rather get a ticket for IdF and watch him like normal audience :8:  I hope IdF tickets aren't too expensive, tbh. Does anyone know if skating events in France are pricey? In Italy yes they are. 
(EDIT: sorry don't answer me, I'll just go ask in the IdF thread xD) 

In my opinion IdF tickets are quite cheap. I bought three Friday tickets for 30 euros, and 3 Saturday afternoon tickets for 90 euros. Golden seat tickets are around 55 euros each if I remember correctly, but I didn't even want those because of the glass wall. 

10 minutes ago, narin said:

In my opinion IdF tickets are quite cheap. I bought three Friday tickets for 30 euros, and 3 Saturday afternoon tickets for 90 euros. Golden seat tickets are around 55 euros each if I remember correctly, but I didn't even want those because of the glass wall. 

(WOW CHEAP) 

26 minutes ago, Murieleirum said:

(WOW CHEAP) 

Come join us on the IdF thread! :dancingpooh:we have cookies 

OT but if you wrote a blog post or recap of your volunteer experience, I would love to read it! Especially on your interactions with the skaters! 

2 hours ago, Murieleirum said:

(WOW CHEAP) 

I'd snag the IdF tickets now for the men, if I were you. If you truly want to go, and they are quite cheap considering some of the prices we pay, it's an option to consider. Tbh, if I were planning on going in case he were there, I would simply buy them then if not, try to sell them off. 

1 hour ago, Yatagarasu said:

Tbh I'd snag the IdF tickets now for the men, if I were you. If you truly want to go, and they are quite cheap considering some of the prices we pay, it's an option to consider. Tbh, if I were planning on going in case he were there, I would simply buy them then if not, try to sell them off. 

Problem is, I am not in the condition where I can just 'waste' 50 euros if he ends up not going :waffle: So I am going to wait just a bit more days! You said four days until the GP announcement, right? Plane costs will stay as low as they are now in 4 days, fingers crossed - and as for the tickets, I am okay with taking not-gold tickets or average tickets... mmmh but maybe you are saying that seconds after it will be announced that Yuzuru will go to idf, Japanese people will rape the idf tickets and none will be left? Well, I'll just have to take my chances then, and go to war with Japanese aunties :hachimaki:

For Marseilles tickets didn't fly that fast and it was GPF (and I decided to go rather late), tickets flew way faster for last year's CoR, but in Russia CoR has big audience even without Yuzu there during last years.

27 minutes ago, Murieleirum said:

So I am going to wait just a bit more days! You said four days until the GP announcement, right?

Yes, should be the 28th, don't think they'll postpone it some more. 

And yup, I meant the second Zu is announced, the tickets usually go poof rather quickly. Though, with it not being Paris, then maybe it won't be so bad. Fingers crossed you're online when we find out so that you can do a quick buy then!