2018/19 GP Assignments

3 hours ago, Yatagarasu said:

:laughing: I feel you. I've tried switching the names around too and he's going to get stuck with one of the three in any case.

I do think there's one argument for NHK + IdF and that's the injury because they do offer him a bit more time to settle down with the new programs and getting back to it all. But again, then that'd mean we would have Shoma and Zu together at NHK more than likely. 

I've had a weird feeling lately that this will happen. :slinkaway:

15 hours ago, dotsquare said:

Btw guys, I think the dates for CoR and IdF are mixed up on the first page. 

Which means I probably won't be able to go to IdF because my dumb supplementary final exam is on Nov 16... :tumblr_inline_n18qr5AMus1qid2nw:

I'm confused about this, too.

In this document it says France is Nov. 23-25

But on the ISU page it says Nov. 16-18

So which one is it now? :smiley-rolleyes009:

4 hours ago, Pamigena said:

I'm confused about this, too.

In this document it says France is Nov. 23-25

But on the ISU page it says Nov. 16-18

So which one is it now? :smiley-rolleyes009:

How confusing... Although I think I'm inclined to believe the ISU website because the PDF could be old. 

Edit: I found a French press article that I think is about IdF and it says Nov 23-35 so I dunno anymore :headdesk2:

2 minutes ago, Altie said:

When are the assignments for gpf made official, usually ?

It varies! Last season we got the info as early as May, it was a massive surprise as tbh, I don't remember it was ever that early in the previous years but other than that June, July. We can just cross everything that it's another early one.

• 2 weeks later...

Random question about assignments- once they've been given, are they interchangeable? 

For example, if the rumoured swap between P/C and Yuzu takes place, would that be before assignments are released or after? 

So basically, once they're released, are they set in stone (obviously excluding withdrawals)? 

6 hours ago, dotsquare said:

So basically, once they're released, are they set in stone (obviously excluding withdrawals)? 

AFAIK, once the assignments are given, they can't be changed. Host spots might still be filled later and there may be replacements for withdrawals, but otherwise, I think the list that comes out is final.