2018/19 GP Assignments

1 hour ago, Xen said:

Yep, I think SC and COR is more likely for Yuzu if he doesn't get NHK. Timing wise it works well for him, and he's well liked in Russia. Since Mikhail will likely get CoR, that blocks Nathan, Shoma from going. It does leave open the possibility of Boyang also to COR, since Russia/China travel distance isn't that great.

As for SC: I guess Keegan will get the pick for SC, but since he's not top 3, any of the top 3 could end up at SC. Or JSF could get crafty and have Shoma and Yuzu both at SC and NHK? It might mean JPN men go 1-2 each competition and secure 2 slots for GPF. o_O

For the men, SC might just be the wildcard GP, where anyone could show up.

About COR, Rus Fed might want to protect Kolyada as he's so hot and cold. As for Yuzuru and Shoma, well, I doubt JSF would pull a COC's japanese ladies twice. Imagine, they could have 4 gold instead of 2 gold-2 silver. It also effect to skater's world/season ranking and who's know, it might hurt their chance to GPF. Weird thing always happen, who could've thought Javi end up #6 at COC

2 hours ago, Xen said:

Yep, I think SC and COR is more likely for Yuzu if he doesn't get NHK.

Hm, actually I don't think so. Kolyada is now a world medalist. I expect they'll go for the Lz again next season and they'll want to drag him into the GPF, especially as Javi's not going to be around and it'll be easier and he'd gain lots of momentum that way at the beginning of the season. So I think CoR might be off the table, much like CoC.

For Zu I'd say SC and NHK but I can't help but think about how public the French were so who knows (I mean he announced it at the Grenoble gala of all places!), even if there is no confirmation, it may already be a done deal. 

5 hours ago, Xen said:

My guesses are:

Boyang: SA and COC, or COC and IdF (Coc/IdF is closer to Boyang's pattern)

Yuzu: SC and CoR/IdF/NHK (this is closer to his pattern)

Mikhail: CoC and CoR (fairly close distance so he's fine travel wise)

Nate: SA and CoC (China allowed Boyang to go head to head with Nate in 2017 GP, so why not another set of head to head?)

Shoma: any 2 of SC, NHK, IdF

Tomono: SA or SC, and possibly get invited to CoC/IdF/NHK

Assuming that Javi doesn't do the full GP circuit, he's a total wild-card. He might just show up at IdF.  18/19 GP series will be wild, just because of wild-card Boyang, Yuzu and possibly Javi (if he decides to do any GP) ruining any and every Fed's party.

Remember Mikhail and Nathan can't meet in the same GP event so they can't both do CoC. Unless you meant some other place for Mikhail. 

1 hour ago, Katt said:

About COR, Rus Fed might want to protect Kolyada as he's so hot and cold. As for Yuzuru and Shoma, well, I doubt JSF would pull a COC's japanese ladies twice. Imagine, they could have 4 gold instead of 2 gold-2 silver. It also effect to skater's world/season ranking and who's know, it might hurt their chance to GPF. Weird thing always happen, who could've thought Javi end up #6 at COC

Hmm....

Well I'm reading around places, so there are guys I won't dump into the GP pool: Ge, Bychenko, Rippon, Aaron. 

Others I won't factor in, because they could go anywhere: Brezina, Majorov, Voronov

My guesses are

SA: Nathan, Tomono, Aliev, Boyang, 

SC: Messing, Shoma, Jason Brown, Yuzu, 

CoC: Boyang, Kolyada, Vincent Zhou,  Keiji Tanaka

NHK: Shoma, Jason Brown,  Tomono, Dennis V., 

CoR: Kolyada, Samarin, Vincent Zhou, Aliev,

IdF: Yuzu, Nathan, Dennis V, Aliev (either this or CoR)

This looks scary. 

2 hours ago, Altie said:

0_o

Why ?

Let's just say there wasn't a single metro ride (and I used the metro a *lot*) where there wasn't at least someone walking through the carriage wanting something from the passengers. And more than once the police stepped in to get someone off... or prevent someone from getting in. 

It was not a good experience. I'd been to Paris various times before, but this was not something I remembered from those times. Pretty strange, too, as there was also a lot more police around (but mostly on the streets) due to the threat of terrorism. 

I feel much more at ease in, say, the London Underground, or the metro in Milan just this past week. 

1 hour ago, Xen said:

IdF: Yuzu, Nathan, Dennis V, Aliev (either this or CoR)

Together? I don't think USFSA would go for that, not for the new season. Nathan's WC and they'll want to preserve the idea of invulnerability as much as possible. IdF is the last GP before the GPF and it'd be way too risky to lose to Zu then, especially considering Zu wasn't in Milano.

1 hour ago, Yatagarasu said:

Together? I don't think USFSA would go for that, not for the new season. Nathan's WC and they'll want to preserve the idea of invulnerability as much as possible. IdF is the last GP before the GPF and it'd be way too risky to lose to Zu then, especially considering Zu wasn't in Milano.

Plus, everyone knows it's best to catch Yuzuru at the beginning of the season if you wanna start big. :laughing:

5 hours ago, Yatagarasu said:

I ran out of places to put nathan. If not that then, NHK gets Zu and Shoma.

1 hour ago, Babyn1994 said:

It will be interesting to see both Shoma and Yuzu in nhk, don’t think they care, think they both can get 1 and 2 rank

well, they could invite zu to SA, but I do not.think they will, it is just hard to organize the guys this time, Zu either butts heads with Nate, Shoma or Mikhail, no way to avoid that.

19 hours ago, Xen said:

I ran out of places to put nathan. If not that then, NHK gets Zu and Shoma.

:laughing: I feel you. I've tried switching the names around too and he's going to get stuck with one of the three in any case.

I do think there's one argument for NHK + IdF and that's the injury because they do offer him a bit more time to settle down with the new programs and getting back to it all. But again, then that'd mean we would have Shoma and Zu together at NHK more than likely.