Proposed changes for next season

7 minutes ago, Yatagarasu said:

The blue slides are in English. IDEK what to say

Yeah I have read all of this and be like: ISU, do you know the current system is complicated enough, even the skating fans could not even get enough and now you guys throw out something even more complicated? Nice...

On 25.3.2018 at 5:16 PM, Dori6886 said:

... and we will have "dancing with the stars" on ice :facepalm: 

Now there's an idea, why don't we measure "audience involvement" by telephone vote? Charge a few bucks per call and the funds for next season are in the bank. Brilliant. And it will keep commentators from saying dumb things because they will be too busy repeating the phone numbers you can call. Double brilliant. *sending my resume to the ISU asap*

11 minutes ago, robin said:

So instead of increasing bullets and making GOE judging more nuanced they’re decreasing them?

Actually no. Ok here is how I understand it.

Let's use round numbers. A Yataflop has the BV of 10. The GOEs now are in 11 grades. You calculate the GOE by attributing 10% of BV to each grade so if a jump is so good that the GOE should be maxed, then it's a +5 in this case. Can you imagine the mess of trying to calculate that for all the actual BVs? 

12 minutes ago, robin said:

So instead of increasing bullets and making GOE judging more nuanced they’re decreasing them?

Makes me wonder if they're actually getting rid of the varied air position bullet, I think I've read some rumors about that (but then again, I've read pretty wild and conflicting rumors, so idk)

4 minutes ago, Dori6886 said:

PR and wrong edge at take-off, fall and  << instead of landing? Can't think of anything more :slinkaway:

Well, PR gets ignored anyway and I don't see that changing anytime soon (sadly), so yeah, :slinkaway:

8 minutes ago, MajaHled said:

Well, PR gets ignored anyway and I don't see that changing anytime soon (sadly), so yeah, :slinkaway:

Well for one, in order to check for PR they need to allow for slow mo of that part, which they don't currently so guess we'll see. I am not holding my breath but there has been so much noise about PR that who knows.

1 minute ago, Neenah said:

This is just me but I don't want the +GOE to be 10% of a quad as that would be too much for a single element, especially since we know how the judges give +GOE's and it has nothing to do with how the jump is actually executed.

According to an interview by Lakernik, another thing they're thinking over is banning repeating the quads. So IDK if that is something that came from potentially huge GOE numbers for Lz/F or not. 

Since they need a 2/3rds majority for this I am hoping this doesn't pass because it goes opposite to their talk how they want quality and not quantity. 

14 minutes ago, Yatagarasu said:

Let's use round numbers. A Yataflop has the BV of 10. The GOEs now are in 11 grades. You calculate the GOE by attributing 10% of BV to each grade so if a jump is so good that the GOE should be maxed, then it's a +5 in this case. Can you imagine the mess of trying to calculate that for all the actual BVs? 

They will need a live calculator on screen or else no one will ever get what the hell is going on lmao! Like why Skater A get 10.871 and the other skater get 7,542 for the same 4T.

14 minutes ago, Yatagarasu said:

I actually was referring to the slide that says “there will be 5 or 6 bullets each and each bullet could correspond to a step in plus” but now that I read it I don’t really get this slide lol

I thought it meant 1 bullet=+1 GOE but then the possible 6 bullets wouldn’t make sense. We currently have 8 bullets, right?

(This new proposed way to curve GOE is probably just so that we’re more confused and can’t tell anymore how many bullets an element got credited with.)

2 minutes ago, robin said:

I actually was referring to the slide that says “there will be 5 or 6 bullets each and each bullet could correspond to a step in plus” but now that I read it I don’t really get this slide lol

I thought it meant 1 bullet=+1 GOE but then the possible 6 bullets wouldn’t make sense. We currently have 8 bullets, right?

(This new proposed way to curve GOE is probably just so that we’re more confused and can’t tell anymore how many bullets an element got credited with.)

They seem to be simplifying that slightly. As I see it, one bullet gets you +1, two +2, etc if there are 5. But if there are 6 I can only guess that the last step for +5 will require 2 bullets in order to make it extra difficult to get that final, biggest prize.