Proposed changes for next season

18 minutes ago, Katt said:

I dont know a thing about ice dance minus twizzle, but how can you measure entertainment ????

Apparently by how involved the crowd and the judges are, engaged, the applause etc. I .... see so many problems here.

The biggest issue is this:

Prior to inputting the Component Marks, judges will evaluate the Free Dance as YES/PARTLY/NO for a bonus/no action/deduction with respect to the specific focus announced in an ISU Communication for each season.

so there are deductions too which is so, so messy. Talk about a mess waiting to happen. Get a few of those, and watch the pairs stop skating.

1 hour ago, ralucutzagy said:

lol, maybe they will put judges in the middle of audience to count how many ppl are crying, laughing or  bored to death :tumblr_inline_mqt4grU8ua1qz4rgp:

54 minutes ago, Yatagarasu said:

Apparently by how involved the crowd and the judges are, engaged, the applause etc. I .... see so many problems here.

Wow I can see some dedicate fans bring speakers (with recorded applause, crying, screaming)  into the arena :drama:

• Yatagarasu changed the title to Proposed changes for next season
48 minutes ago, Katt said:

Wow I can see some dedicate fans bring speakers (with recorded applause, crying, screaming)  into the arena :drama:

I'm just over here thinking "that's one way to stop supportive audiences cheering on all skaters equally or to support them through a tough skate" like we've seen in Milan :facepalm:

3 minutes ago, axelnojutsu said:

I'm just over here thinking "that's one way to stop supportive audiences cheering on all skaters equally or to support them through a tough skate" like we've seen in Milan :facepalm:

Truth :13877886:

Also all the arguments for this is a sport so should be in the Olympics. So how do you get points? Um, well, see, they got the most cheers! :13877886::13877886:

2 hours ago, Yatagarasu said:

That would be very easy to accomplish, they just need to splat few times and the audience will be cheering for them :P (we did that a lot today with the men)

Joking aside, doesn't that give huge advantage to the top teams and home skaters? 

10 minutes ago, Neenah said:

Joking aside, doesn't that give huge advantage to the top teams and home skaters? 

For sure. There's no way the last group won't get the bonus no matter what they do; it's simply how skating functions.

They did ask for input by coaches there and later on, by contacting them so it may not turn out this way in the end but at the moment, so many potential problems.

If they're doing themes per season, who's to say that at some point it won't be say love and then it'll be uh oh as most will read that as romance anyway. Brother sister pairs would have a ball.

I mean there's always Game of Thrones but somehow I am not sure how that'd work out.

Hace 2 horas, Yatagarasu said:

If they applied this in the singles, Yuzu would win even if he just sat on the ice for 4 minutes :LOL:

6 hours ago, Xen said:

For those curious- check out this link about the  new patterns: https://www.ice-dance.com/site/reference/pattern-dance-descriptions-patterns/rhumba-damor-under-development-by-isu/

Maple Leaf March: adapted from a partial sequence from Poirier and Gilles

Rhumba d’Amor: based on something from Torville and Dean

Tea Time Foxtrot: created by Natalia KALISZEK and Maksim SPODIREV 

<3<3<3

If this gets through, I'm investing in USB type of speakers, and figuring how to sneak them through to competitions. 

Now, to be totally fair, I will blast pre-recorded applause, cheering and more, for every single team. Hope the judges aren't confused. :pouty:

*wait, I need a bigger team for this, maybe I should bring extra copies and just rope people into joining me in creating utter engagement chaos