Proposed changes for next season

10 minutes ago, Neenah said:

But the app only have +3 to -3 GOE, how are you calculating the new GOE using it?!!!!  

The app converts them to the new GOE, I believe. So I guess they take +3 and convert to +5 or a similar range?

14 minutes ago, Neenah said:

But the app only have +3 to -3 GOE, how are you calculating the new GOE using it?!!!!  

T_T I missed that...agh, alright I'll have to recalculate via excel then. Didn't notice that at first, so yes, it would be lower.

14 minutes ago, Neenah said:

You maybe correct but the GOE on that app is not working correctly for me so I can't check 

Well it's not working for me right now, it just gave me +50% GOE with a +3 on a 3A. So...hmm, I guess if all guys start getting GOEs to the skies, then yes, Yuzu would win anyways. But I think the BV is correct. Anyways, if I avg out the GOEs, I'm closer to around 110 TES, is this closer to what you're getting?

37 minutes ago, xeyra said:

The judges will also be adjusting so I expect lots of yo-yo GOEs this first year. Plus, ISU rules aren't very clear on 'very good heigh/distance' or 'serious error' so...

Ie lots of vodka/popcorn needed, yeah. 

1 hour ago, Xen said:

Well it's not working for me right now, it just gave me +50% GOE with a +3 on a 3A. So...hmm, I guess if all guys start getting GOEs to the skies, then yes, Yuzu would win anyways. But I think the BV is correct. Anyways, if I avg out the GOEs, I'm closer to around 110 TES, is this closer to what you're getting?

Yes, this is close to what I am getting 

3 minutes ago, Fay said:

these depend on skaters and the technical panel... so let's see how generous they are on carrot markets. 

Lots and lots of carrot cake! Or what the editor of one of my favorite authors uses: coping butter.

1 minute ago, cirelle said:

Lots and lots of carrot cake! Or what the editor of one of my favorite authors uses: coping butter.

as long as these are not provided by Yuzu... 

Pomelo (Yuzu) and honey tea....it's actually not that expensive from the local supermarkets here. I'll make sure to grab a lot for us, can't watch Yuzu without having something "yuzu" nearby. :space:

On 6/9/2018 at 4:58 AM, asiacheetah said:

I have a question regarding second half bonus.

I know the rules are 1 bonus in the SP and 3 in the LP.

My question is, which jump gets the bonus? Is it the first jump (SP) or first 3 jumps (LP) after the half way point? or is it the last jump in the SP and last 3 jumps in the LP?

Looking at Yuzu's intended 2017/2018 layout, the difference is pretty big.

SP:

4Loop // 3A, 4T3T

is now either 4Loop, 3A, 4T3T (bonus) or 4 Loop, 3A (bonus), 4T3T

LP:

4Lutz, 4Loop 3F // 4S3T, 4T-loop-3S, 3A2T, 3A, 3Lutz

is now 4Lutz, 4Loop, 3F, 4S3T (bonus), 4T-loop-3S (bonus), 3A2T (bonus), 3A, 3Lutz, or 4 Lutz, 4Loop, 3F, 4S3T, 4T-loop-3S, 3A2T (bonus), 3A (bonus), 3Lutz (bonus)

I don't know which I prefer the first 3 in the second half or the last sets. I know toward the end of the program is when everyone is tired and hard to perform the jumps so in that sense, I think the second half bonus should go to the last 3 jumps in the LP. Or maybe they should choose by highest BV in the second half.

Any thoughts, clarifications?

On 6/9/2018 at 5:02 AM, airi said:

Last jump in SP and last 3 in FS

This sounds like... no emergency combos?!

When everyone here seems to concern about +3 or +5 Yuzu will get on his jumps..I am super concerned about how fall will affect the judging in new system...

-5 GOE (% of BV) plus lower jump BV and -1 for fall...if you fall a jump, it is a huge disadvantage...someone said a 4S fall is less than a perfect 2A?

Does that mean next season, we will see more popstars?:crazyshit:strategy is so important. how much to challenge is a big question.

• 2 weeks later...

The ISU has now posted a communication with the changed rules as approved by the June Congress, as well as a revised SoV for the 2018/2019 season.

https://www.isu.org/news/80-inside-figure-skating-news/12120-2176-figure-skating-changes-57th-isu-congress?templateParam=15

Special Regulations and Technical Rules accepted by the 57th ISU Congress for Single & Pair Skating: ISU Communication 2176

Scale of Values, Levels of Difficulty and Guidelines for marking Grade of Execution, season 2018/19: ISU Communication 2168 (Revised)