Proposed changes for next season

On 6/6/2018 at 12:54 AM, Xen said:

Hate to say this, but Japan isn't really a genius for this. This season, okay they don't have to worry. But without the age limitations, next season you get the Russian quad girls in seniors, they have 3As, quads and 3+3's (which will be backloaded). Japan currently has probably only Rika with a fairly stable 3A, and possibly no lady ready for 19/20 with quads. Furthermore, they have ladies like Kaori Sakamoto who can fully backload the SP to make up for BV difference; other ladies like Wakaba or Mai would also benefit from more backloaded jumps having more points. Backloading triples is obviously easier than backloading quads, so I don't think the russian quad girls will go backload quads anytime soon. 

As for 4Lz and 4F...right now JPN has no male skater who has both. Yuzu could bring back the 4Lz, but he prolly won't go for 4F, and is still unknown for 2022. Shoma has 4F and no 4Lz period. But check which fed does (and was on the technical committee that suggested the 1 jump per type of quad rule-US). I'm not sure what Japan managed to get for doing this, because they could have gone for the less extreme Canadian proposal, which does the same thing but could give them more breathing room. Unless it's something extraordinary like a 20% PCS boost for their ladies, I'm not sure if they passed negotiations 101 class. =/

Sorry i just saw this but i wasnt talking about the backload proposal? In fact i hate that proposal as well. 1 jump bonus only in secondhalf sp is a monstrosity.

I was talking about the 'reward skaters who jump ALL SIX types of them to promote variety' proposal. This proposal is under the backloading proposal in the original pdf document. This proposal is more straightforward in 'variety' and a way to combat the no repeat quad proposal, they even use the same 'variety' thing as a reason. Too bad it is withdrawn.

Also, in the original document, the killing backloading thing is used to justify 'balance', not 'variety', i dont know what the heck happened that they bring up variety in the conference regarding killing backloading bc it makes no freaking sense at all. Maybe the person who propose it and the person who go to the conference as a representative has a mismatch view lol

Just now, hoodie axel said:

Did bonus for all six types pass?

Because then it won't go.

I am not sure but wasn't that proposal withdrawn on the first day?

To include all 6 types either the 3A repetition or one quad repetition would suffer so I don't see that rule being motivation enough to include the 3F (although I am not exactly sure how high the bonus would be)

7 минут назад, LadyLou сказал:

for Yuzu it also means guarantee that hr won't have to choose between replacing a 3A with one repeated quad EVER AGAIN :4:

The best consequence of the rule :winky:

6 minutes ago, robin said:

I am not sure but wasn't that proposal withdrawn on the first day?

To include all 6 types either the 3A repetition or one quad repetition would suffer so I don't see that rule being motivation enough to include the 3F (although I am not exactly sure how high the bonus would be)

It is only effective if the repetition thing didn't pass. Hence why i thought it would be a good idea to combat it. But too bad that clearly the isu people prefer the no quad repetition rule. Its a good thing that they at least allow 1 quad repetition now. Maybe they reach a compromise? behind the scene

Guys, do you realise that Yuzu's Olys FS total would've been higher with this rule and eight jumping passes? He would have nailed two 3A combos just fine so the deduction for the 4T rep wouldn't have applied. 

I don't think USFSA know what the hell they're doing either because this basically forces their guys to do two 3As if they want to repeat a jump worth much.

3 minutes ago, swanbeau said:

It is only effective if the repetition thing didn't pass. Hence why i thought it would be a good idea to combat it. But too bad that clearly the isu people prefer the no quad repetition rule. Its a good thing that they at least allow 1 quad repetition now. Maybe they reach a compromise? 

I prefer the only one quad repetition rule, honestly.

I do think some negotiations happened behind the scenes seeing how there was no discussion about it at all?

3 minutes ago, WinForPooh said:

I don't think USFSA know what the hell they're doing either because this basically forces their guys to do two 3As if they want to repeat a jump worth much.

I'm less confident now that this is their doing. As I said, Nathan has six quads now if and only if his edge jumps get better. He lands his 4S except it's almost never clean, but his 4Lo has been missing for a while.

4Lz

4Lz+3T

4Lo

4S

4T

4F

3A

Or maybe they think Nathan legitimately has 6 quads. Wouldn't put it past them.

1 minute ago, robin said:

I prefer the only one quad repetition rule, honestly.

I do think some negotiations happened behind the scenes seeing how there was no discussion about it at all?

There was definitely something going on there.

My preference is actually

Bonus for six type jumpers, w no change in zayak like last season > 1 quad repetition > no quad repetition >>>> no change at all allowing skaters to potentially, hypothetically, jump only 4 type of them in the free with no consequences