Proposed changes for next season

I have just discovered that japan is actually genius. Theyre the one who come up with the tactic to combat those no quad repetition rule, with giving credits/bonus to skaters who jump all six of them. Theyre the one who think about the zayak rule i ranted about before. Im regretting not reading the whole proposal sooner. I love japan. I dont have to worry about that cursed 4 type of jumps free layout ever again. I dont even care how the rest of this go lol

8 minutes ago, Nuitsuki said:

Japan withdrew that proposal already, so no bonus for 6 types of quads/triples.

whaaaaat? So we are back to relying on no quad repetition rule for giving skaters more of a fair chance, 

Aaah i guess they really want lz n f Jumper to win

I wish i didnt read this now im back to worrying about that cursed 4 type of jumps free layout winning the gold again

And to think that was so straightforward too on 'variety' why the hell would they withdraw it, dont tell me theyre actually planning on voting yes for the quad repetition rule

6 minutes ago, swanbeau said:

whaaaaat? So we are back to relying on no quad repetition rule for giving skaters more of a fair chance, 

Aaah i guess they really want lz n f Jumper to win

I wish i didnt read this now im back to worrying about that cursed 4 type of jumps free layout winning the gold again

Honestly, we can’t say anything yet. Theorically all skaters will aim to learn at least 3 type of quads to be competitive, but whether they can stabilise them is another story. And if they go hard and place those quads near the end to get the bonus, chances they would fall (hopefully not injury themselves in the process) would be increased.

59 minutes ago, Xen said:

Okay, I'll give it a try this way: if the ISU is dead serious about balancing out quads and giving variety of quads a shot-

a) Make a rule that 4Lz 4F and 4A can only appear once in a program, cannot repeat

b) triples and 4T, 4S, 4 Lo (the lower BV quads) are subject solely to Zayak rule

c) if you have 1 jump of each type in a program (quads and triples for men, quads/triples and 2A for women), give a small bonus in the final TES, like a +6 flat score.

That would actually promote more jump variety, while decreasing the prominance of the top BV quads in the final TES score.

Its complicated, this would be better definitely, but no one is proposing it right now for next season. The only one we have is that quad restriction rule... Which is simpler (no repeat of quad, thats it) :'(

5 minutes ago, Nuitsuki said:

Honestly, we can’t say anything yet. Theorically all skaters will aim to learn at least 3 type of quads to be competitive, but whether they can stabilise them is another story. And if they go hard and place those quads near the end to get the bonus, chances they would fall (hopefully not injury themselves in the process) would be increased.

They dont need to place it at the end if they train a huge bv quad like 4lz n 4f, just land it beautifully n the goe will make up for the x1.1 bv.

They just need to train two of the highest bv quad possible for them, and then repeat it in combo. Thats 4 already. The more you train only that, the more those jumps stabilize, the more you go clean on competition. The more you win? And then the rest, just jumps the same type of jumps in triple bc that will benefits you more. Avoid the type of jumps that you have difficulty on completely, dont even train it. If its two type of jumps then be it.

You just need 3 type of jumps you need to /really/ excel at, two of those you need the quad version, and then pray you land the axel.

Since japan withdraw that 'reward skaters who jump all six type of jumps in free' they will most likely vote yes on the 'no quad repetition' rule bc its essentially a more evil version of what they want to propose, n serve the same purpose, kinda

I think I understand.

This is in fact performance art. It's not supposed to make sense. 

ETA: My favourite part of the performance is when they add the little preamble/postscript of 'this was a proposal that was not passed two millenia ago, just saying, fyi, things never change, it's not like you bring it up again because that decision was wrong, once done never undone.

Think of it as satire - or broad farce the way they’re conducting it.  Who agreed to show this.... what shall I call it- less than impressive set of proceedings on the internet for the entire world to snigger at (assuming they have the stamina to endure the boring bits in between the funnies)

3 minutes ago, WinForPooh said:

I think I understand.

You just blow my mind

It really feels like what gets passed and what gets voted yes are already fixed, and we're the only one who dont know

9 minutes ago, WinForPooh said:

I think I understand.

ETA: My favourite part of the performance is when they add the little preamble/postscript of 'this was a proposal that was not passed two millenia ago, just saying, fyi, things never change, it's not like you bring it up again because that decision was wrong, once done never undone.

If you mean the entire ISU then yes, that explanation makes sense.

If you mean only this congress: you wish. Like the ISU could go for something as modern as performance art. The last invention they accepted without a stroke was fire.

3 minutes ago, Pamigena said:

If you mean the entire ISU then yes, that explanation makes sense.

If you mean only this congress: you wish. Like the ISU could go for something as modern as performance art. The last invention they accepted without a stroke was fire.

No wonder we can't have bikes on ice for Yuzu to finally learn how to ride them. Newfangled things like wheels? Burn it with fire! 

So from the last few pages I get tl;dr:

-The organization was a joke

-Only last jump in SP/ last 3 jumps in FS get a bonus

-Splitting of the judging panel was rejected

-So did the increasing the PCS factor to 1.2/2.4 proposal (phew)

-Japan withdrew the reward for 6 kind of jumps proposal that was actually passed? why?? 

Did I miss anything of importance?

eta: -CDs are good. USBs might be outdated in four years.