Proposed changes for next season

3 hours ago, Neenah said:

I am not sure using this particular result for comparison is that useful. Yuzu was flawless in this performance and that is very rare in the men's field. The new GOE, deductions and the weird PC guidelines would change things a lot for performances with mistakes.

There's also a jumping pass less in this new system

Setting Yuzu aside (I know, sacrilege!) the maths for the new BV doesn't add up? Who exactly came up with the numbers because it just doesn't make sense? And saying the +/- 5 GOE is to reward quality but then reducing the BV for StSq and spins? Also, changing existing rules/GOE bullets to make them MORE vague?

but-why.gif

27 minutes ago, hoodie axel said:

Completely fairly, a UR jump could still have nice qualities. A big jump, with nice flow out might still be URed. So the BV is reduced, but it still has nice qualities. 

Not saying this is what will happen  of course.

Except they clearly say in the "reductions for errors section"that a UR jump (sign <) gets a -2 to -3 GOE.

Now I may be doubting my math skills but this seems clear cut to me, a UR jump cannot be more than +3 GOE no matter how pretty it is, right?!!!!!!

I read the whole thing and I'm confused af :slinkaway: someone explain it after the congress approved if these guys still has a bit of logic in them, hope they'll use what's left in their brains to see the numbers doesn't even add up right :dancingeggplant:

14 minutes ago, cirelle said:

Oooh, Alice updated her numbers (sorry I’m not at the computer so I’m just gonna paste the link) and the 4F2T *was* a mistake, Nathan’s BV is reduced.

She did. I'm on computer, so:

tumblr_inline_p97m9awntq1slyotu_1280.png

She also added GPF '15 Seimei:

tumblr_inline_p97mauZCqj1slyotu_1280.png

That's 3-quality-quad program vs. 6-quad program.

But, yes, those are all still mistake-free programs.

This is one of those weeks where I wish I truly have a time off, so I can do comparisons with mistakes filled competition to see how it would hold up.

I think Yuzuru will be fine. The same for other top contenders. The new BV and GOE factor just give judges more power to inflate scoring and we know just top skaters get the benefit. Some get more and some get less but it barely change anything.  I'm worried more about small fed skaters, and the direction of these change might lead. How can skater invest more into step/spin when the difference between so-so and great is around a point ? Better focus on those quads and pray for tech panel. 

15 minutes ago, Katt said:

I think Yuzuru will be fine. The same for other top contenders. The new BV and GOE factor just give judges more power to inflate scoring and we know just top skaters get the benefit. Some get more and some get less but it barely change anything.  I'm worried more about small fed skaters, and the direction of these change might lead. How can skater invest more into step/spin when the difference between so-so and great is around a point ? Better focus on those quads and pray for tech panel. 

Yeah, I agree that top skaters right now and up and coming skaters from big Feds will be fine. If you're already Yuzuru or if you're already Javi (although it remains to be seen if he continues to skate, and if he does, what his level is), then your reputation is already set and judges won't deviate too much on your GOEs/PCS. But if you're an up and coming skater from a small fed who isn't heads and shoulders ahead of everyone else....then yeah, you might be screwed.

2 hours ago, yuzupon said:

She did. I'm on computer, so:

tumblr_inline_p97m9awntq1slyotu_1280.png

She also added GPF '15 Seimei:

tumblr_inline_p97mauZCqj1slyotu_1280.png

That's 3-quality-quad program vs. 6-quad program.

But, yes, those are all still mistake-free programs.

This is one of those weeks where I wish I truly have a time off, so I can do comparisons with mistakes filled competition to see how it would hold up.

Yes, I agree that we need to see exactly how hard mistakes are going to hit.