Proposed changes for next season

6 minutes ago, Neenah said:

I am probably missing something but how can a UR or a jump with edge call get +5 GOE  :scratch2:

It'll be like 'quality' crossovers - quality URs and quality wrong edges and the judges will know them when they see them........

We might get to the point when protocols will be more fun to read than watch an actual comp - good job ISU, thanks for saving fan's time and money :popcorn:

+50% of BV even for an ideal jump? Even in ideal world with ideal judges it's too much.

The only thing why I'm not too stressed rn is cuz Yuzu already got his dream medal everything else will be a nice bonus.

3 hours ago, Katt said:

WOW so new GOE factor base on BV too o___o +1 GOE = 10% BV. You can get 17.25 max for a 4lz 

- You can still get positive GOE for UR/flutz/lip ???????

- BV and GOE for step/spin are mostly the same. GOE for stsq4 is even lower (+1.95)

- I can't get the logic with 3lz = 5.9 -> 4lz = 11.5 and 3A=8.0 -> 4A = 12.5 ? So basically, they encourage skater to try any quad but 4A. And if you UR it, it will worth less than an UR 4lo/4f/4lz

- No step require for solo jump in SP\

This is still proposal so it can be change... right ?????

This is so stupid on so many levels. Not least how incredibly opaque the scoring will be for (new) fans. They keep saying they want more people interested in the sport, but it’s clear they don’t really.

I can’t get over an UR 4A being worth less than an UR 4Lz, 4F and 4Lo. :13877886: 

I... I just have no words. 

Finally able to read this whole thing and did some calculations on my own. I had to do it because what’s described here sounds unbelievable initially.

Good lord, I’m so pissed! You raise or lower the bar in sports, you don’t raise part of it and lower another part of it so the selective some win or lose. This is sad 

Maybe AI judge is the answer - they're hoping to introduce it in Tokyo 2020 for gymnastics.

So... im Kind of New on learning all the rules and stuff, but... i just don't understand how are the New rules going to work, nor do i understand how they are calculating the value of each Element... How do they Check which Element is harder than other??,

Do they consult with skaters, physicists (for element analysis and determine which element requires more Force, control, etc), and mathmaticians (for stadistical and probability analysis) ??

Cause if they do, then i want to see such analysis since right now, to me, it doesnt make sense.... 

and if they don't... well... they need to! i can even send them the contact Info of my profesors....

1 minute ago, Mineeal said:

So... im Kind of New on learning all the rules and stuff, but... i just don't understand how are the New rules going to work, nor do i understand how they are calculating the value of each Element... How do they Check which Element is harder than other??,

Do they consult with skaters, physicists (for element analysis and determine which element requires more Force, control, etc), and mathmaticians (for stadistical and probability analysis) ??

Cause if they do, then i want to see such analysis since right now, to me, it doesnt make sense.... 

and if they don't... well... they need to! i can even send them the contact Info of my profesors....

Short answer: :8:

It's incredibly subjective IMO, if they really did an analysis like you are saying, i doubt we would be discussing this dumpster fire :judgmental:

Reminds me of when you are a kid and are playing with someone and they keep changing the rules because you are winning...

3 minutes ago, Mineeal said:

They don't lmao

hace 3 minutos , Hydroblade said:

Short answer: :8:

It's incredibly subjective IMO, if they really did an analysis like you are saying, i doubt we would be discussing this dumpster fire :judgmental:

Reminds me of when you are a kid and are playing with someone and they keep changing the rules because you are winning...

hace 2 minutos , robin said:

They don't lmao

OMG! So they just Randomly decide?, like hmmm... i think 4F Looks harder than 4Lo, Yeah i don't really know if its true or Not but hey it Looks like that to me so lets give the points based on my opinion?! WTH!?! Gosh if Not because im on finals i would go beg my profesors to give me some of their time and do a proper analysis, at least through math and physics, true i wouldnt have the skaters opinion but at least it would make better Sense! And would be based on something Not just whom ever opinion this was based on!! 

They still need to vote for this, right??? Good Lord i hope this don't pass! 

Just now, Mineeal said:

OMG! So they just Randomly decide?, like hmmm... i think 4F Looks harder than 4Lo, Yeah i don't really know if its true or Not but hey it Looks like that to me so lets give the points based on my opinion?! WTH!?! Gosh if Not because im on finals i would go beg my profesors to give me some of their time and do a proper analysis, at least through math and physics, true i wouldnt have the skaters opinion but at least it would make better Sense! And would be based on something Not just whom ever opinion this was based on!! 

They still need to vote for this, right??? Good Lord i hope this don't pass! 

Hence the :popcorn:

I am awake! Bcz of Alice:

Yuzu's WC '17 FS:

tumblr_inline_p97a0dfYJQ1slyotu_1280.png

Chen's WC '18 FS:

tumblr_inline_p97a9i8JRy1slyotu_1280.png

The ending of her post:

"So, well, maybe the ISU did know what they’re doing when they said they want to focus more on quality over quantity? Or it could be sheer luck, since I’m still convinced no one in that organization actually knows how math works.

Anyhow, I guess what I’m trying to say is, everyone calm down. It’s not the end of the world yet, alright?"

ETA: let me weep at the decrease of the Stsq and the increase of Chsq, the latter of which makes H&L's Chsq gets the lower final score.

I must say, I don't really agree with her. 
I don't think this will affect Yuzuru so much, as in, I think he's so good that he can work this system too, until he finally decides to pack it in.

Figure skating as a whole though, I don't think this brings anything good to it. Ah well, they'll do what they want to do. 

If the council doesn't finish until June 8, is any of this official?

I was going to wait until the new rules were official before commenting on them but I dread having to catch up on 100 pages of rule discussion

My understanding is that the 30 minute shorter programs and +/-5 GOE already passed in a previous council.  I'm surprised that the shorter programs passed considering that I haven't heard anyone that's in favor of it - aren't these changes voted on?