Proposed changes for next season

1 minute ago, Xen said:

Dude, Tao bao, Baidu, where the heck are you guys? We need to balance this NBC purchase power.....

Any chance they'll try to do so before 2022? Just literally refuse to let any medals go that way if they're refused? Or at least will the Chinese get to watch the event in their country at their own time, instead of at 12 noon to accommodate the US viewers who don't care about FS? At least Boyang can, you know, jump, that jumping bean. >.>

The trouble with these discussions is that we're seriously at the point of questioning basic math.

When you hit those lows, what discussion is to be had even? It's pointless. 

*rummages through her liquor cabinet*

2 minutes ago, Yolo3a said:

I just want to say, I'm happy at least Javi won't have to go though this crap. 

I just thought of him doing Europeans btw, if the "no quad can be repeated" rule is accepted, won't this really lower his chances, if he takes out the combination? :/ 

I am effectively innumerate and even I can see it.

As for the rest of this ridiculous essay in surreal rule writing - to quote Mr Orser 'I have no words ' - and not in the way he used the phrase.  Monty Python would be proud - maybe John Cleese would like to record it - it needs his brand of disbelieving fury to get the absurdity across - perhaps as a voice over to a compilation of some of the choicest bits of certain skaters work from the last few seasons.

One consolation - Mr Hanyu wants 4A for its own sake, I don't say he won't care but it won't stop him.

Every time I think ISU can't f*** up more............ 

I will just quote Brian too: "I have no words" :knc_brian3: :salty::salty::salty: But seriuosly what poor 4A did to them???? It does't even exist yet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3 minutes ago, Dori6886 said:

But seriuosly what poor 4A did to them???? It does't even exist yet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Do you really want to know the answer?

1 minute ago, yuzupon said:

Wake me up when they finally decide that higher number of 1) crossover and 2) 5 basic ballet arm positions wins the entire thing.

You forgot "hotness".

... I'm logging off for a bit.

1 minute ago, hoodie axel said:

Do you really want to know the answer?

You forgot "hotness".

Knowing ISU, probably not.

It's not "hottnes", it's "true manliness". 

Is ISU taking part in some "the worst managed sport organization" competition we don't know about?

Among all my giggling at all this absurdity, I'm amused by how the 4S BV is barely lower than a 4Lo. ISU making sure yuzu doesn't overstress his right ankle by trying to get the 4Lo back too fast and they made a score cushion for Yuzu in case he << his 4A attempts. Now he just has to either << or rotate it :1: The 4A BV lowering is pretty blatant targeting even by ISU standards but hey, maybe we should give the ISU credit for hearing '4A' coming out of yuzu's mouth and not even questioning that he'll land it before scrambling to pre-emptively rob him on BVs. Faith as staunch as any fanyus.

Now to see if any of the old bigwigs at the conference have a shred of common sense/logic/integrity to question any of this

The old system with +3 GOE and 3 factor (1.0 ; 0.7 ; 0.5) is already hard enough to remember and explain to new/casual fan let alone that every element might has it own GOE factor.I don't think I have enough patience and tolerence to read all of these SOV. Too many number hurt my eyes. If this get through the congress, I may need a new glasses :facepalm:

This is a reason why FS will never become a high profile sport. Even long time fans can't understand the scoring most of the time.