This might not be seen, but we don't have a thread for SOI Tour in USA I believe (if we do, please show me the way), so did anyone go to a show in the US? Is it worth it?

I just found out the tour is coming to my city, so normally I wouldn't care but FS is so niche I'd like to give it my support in some way.

Except I'm having second thoughts because:

1 - I'm an introvert and even going out to dinner with my family is a chore.

2 - I don't want to waste money. (Especially if I'd rather buy Yuzu things.)

3 - My first live watch of skaters I'd rather it be of Yuzu or my saving for the exorbitant cost to watch Yuzu than go watch skaters I don't enjoy (yep, even Nathan won't make me budge). (Like, I made a similar pledge that my first live concert would be someone I enjoy even if some stars toured here and tickets were cheap, and I kept it until my fave Japanese band miraculously did a US tour.)

It's a wonder that despite these 3 reasons I'm even considering to go to the US's version of SOI.

12 hours ago, ralucutzagy said:

:tumblr_inline_mm2wbaeqQM1qz4rgp::tumblr_inline_mm2wbaeqQM1qz4rgp::tumblr_inline_mm2wbaeqQM1qz4rgp::tumblr_inline_mm2wbaeqQM1qz4rgp::tumblr_inline_mm2wbaeqQM1qz4rgp::tumblr_inline_mm2wbaeqQM1qz4rgp:

No spoilers, Maia!!  

27 minutes ago, Forcefield said:

This might not be seen, but we don't have a thread for SOI Tour in USA I believe (if we do, please show me the way), so did anyone go to a show in the US? Is it worth it?

I just found out the tour is coming to my city, so normally I wouldn't care but FS is so niche I'd like to give it my support in some way.

Except I'm having second thoughts because:

1 - I'm an introvert and even going out to dinner with my family is a chore.

2 - I don't want to waste money. (Especially if I'd rather buy Yuzu things.)

3 - My first live watch of skaters I'd rather it be of Yuzu or my saving for the exorbitant cost to watch Yuzu than go watch skaters I don't enjoy (yep, even Nathan won't make me budge). (Like, I made a similar pledge that my first live concert would be someone I enjoy even if some stars toured here and tickets were cheap, and I kept it until my fave Japanese band miraculously did a US tour.)

It's a wonder that despite these 3 reasons I'm even considering to go to the US's version of SOI.

People that attend seem to enjoy it and prices aren't the worst I've see. FSU has reviews of people if you want to check it out. They seem to enjoy the show. 

10 minutes ago, Danibellerika said:

No spoilers, Maia!!  

People that attend seem to enjoy it and prices aren't the worst I've see. FSU has reviews of people if you want to check it out. They seem to enjoy the show. 

Thank you! I'll check it out. I started reading some on GS as well, but their enthusiasm doesn't quite reach me since the posters seem to enjoy these skaters while I do not. :P

4 minutes ago, Forcefield said:

Thank you! I'll check it out. I started reading some on GS as well, but their enthusiasm doesn't quite reach me since the posters seem to enjoy these skaters while I do not. :P

Yeah that's the thing...Most who I enjoy are not American. And in general I don't really do shows. Like, to expect me to even sit through a competition Gala is expecting too much.  I might be interested in one or two performances but that's about it.  

A nice mini documentary about Nancy Kerrigan at 35 minutes.

What I like about it, is that this was made before 'the incident', and they therefore focus on herself.

I didn't know she wanted to play ice hockey as a kid, and that he mother was nearly blind.

She also skated the subsequent short program really well.

Jason has an injured ankle but his SP is ready, or almost there.

I guess that means he is probably sticking to Rohene, to my everlasting sorrow. I guess we'll see about the FS. No word on the coach.