5 hours ago, GreatLakesGal said:

Thanks to Vera Wang, Nathan will always be "zipper boy" to me. :smiley-laughing021:

for me he became "skeleton guy" :slinkaway:

I still can't believe he chose those two costumes. One, I could bear with it. But why both:tumblr_inline_ncmif7esGm1rpglid:

Kinda funny in that video Nathan says he's the only guy who can do "all 5 quads"

Only, there are 6 types of quads:tumblr_m9gct8HYvv1qzckow:

#AxelErasure I will fight you :hachimaki:

(I bet that when there will be a US guy jumping gorgeous Axels suddenly the jump will become the greatest thing ever:animated-smileys-hands-fingers-01:)

13 hours ago, SparkleSalad said:

I heard there was a blackout at NBC which cut some Superbowl ads! I hope Nathan's is okay! 

There were a lot of movie trailers and product ads during the Superbowl (it seems a lot of them were Tide ads!? :laughing:) but Nathan's specific one was only broadcast during This Is Us, the post-game tv show. There were a couple of general Olympics ads where Nathan was featured alongside other skaters, though, including the one where Yuzuru also appears, but his single ad was not displayed during the Superbowl itself. 

The New York Times l has a cool AR thingy featuring Nathan Chen mid-jump with the infamous VW zipper. :biggrin: You need to install their app to use it and for some reason when I try to place Nathan I sometimes get cute ShibSibs instead. 

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2018/02/05/sports/olympics/ar-augmented-reality-olympic-athletes-ul.html

You can even go under his blades if you like lying on your back on the floor. :P

Dear old Grauniad, you could have checked a few simple things like protocols before you wrote this... 

"The 18-year-old prodigy from Salt Lake City has emerged as a prime contender for gold in the men’s figure skating competition while Japan’s Yuzuru Hanyu, the sport’s biggest star and presumptive favourite, battles back from a right foot injury. At last month’s US nationals Chen landed five clean quadruple jumps – toe loop, salchow, loop, flip and lutz – clearing the field by more than 40 points, larger than the margin between second and seventh. The outrageously difficult jumps have become the teenager’s calling card: Chen, who defeated Hanyu at last year’s Four Continents championships at the Gangneung Ice Arena – where this month’s figure skating events will take place – became the first ever skater to land five of them in a programme last year. He has won every competition he has entered this season and his meteoric rise in the sport appears to be peaking at the right time."

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/blog/2018/feb/09/joy-of-six-who-watch-winter-olympics#comment-112060410

3 hours ago, SparkleSalad said:

I was so hoping from the title that Adam would explain to all those Twitter dopes why the scoring wasn’t scandalous. :/ 

lololol too much to hope for

im a little :dry: at all the americans who seem to want to bask in their media glory than skate or go to practices, especially since the individuals haven't happened yet, but what can i say