She would be lovely in ice dance.... :'D

She doesn't have enough facial expressions to pull off ID though...as much as I like Mirai, her and Gracie both have a severe problem of resting blank face during their programs.

She would be lovely in ice dance.... :'D

She doesn't have enough facial expressions to pull off ID though...as much as I like Mirai, her and Gracie both have a severe problem of resting blank face during their programs.

Yeah it's a sad, hard truth but I agree with you. Until they take up some acting lessons or practice some exercises to learn how to emote/soften their emotions on ice, I just can't see them as skaters that are strong at performing/projecting

I'm really worried about Gracie's jumps... I see that her body changed, but it is actually possible to jump even with such a body shape (take Austria's Kerstin Frank at Euros), I think. Anyway, Marina wouldn't probably take her if she didn't think Gracie would be in a competitive shape for the next season, so I guess we just have to wait. A lot of things can happen during the off-season, and I hope Gracie gets her jumps back and they are as good as they used to be (or better!). She does have a lovely flow, but she looked quite slow; while this particular program does not require fast movements, I hope she speeds up.

Has she always been this slow before? Or did it happen only after the body change? I'm also very worried for her, and the fact she can't simply move away from all of this if she wants to is quite disheartening to watch :cry:

That video really worries me too... if the title wouldn't have given it away, I don't think I would have even recognized Gracie. She doesn't look like her normal self in the least. It's not just the missing jumps - she looks slower, clunkier, her split jump/falling leaf look like so much work, like they are super exhausting to do for her now... she's just way, way out of shape (and I don't mean to judge her body with that - she has a lovely figure by any normal human standards. She just doesn't look physically trained enough right now).

And as someone who's firmly camp "Frank was never right for her", I want to smack him over the head for all this. Sure, he isn't the only factor, but you bet the coach and him handling the "break up" so badly is playing a role. Hopefully Gracie will find what she's looking for, even if it isn't skating at all.

Uh I don't know. She's completely out of shape but then it's really eh for me to speculate on what is happening, as we really don't know. I really, really wish she had left Frank sooner than that but no use crying over spilt milk, it is what it is. Hopefully she's still enjoying skating and Marina can help her out as much as possible to return to competitive shape, if she so wishes. It's early May, there is plenty of time. If not, then I just hope she reaches some peace and happiness with everything.

Nathan really shines in his EXs, I hope they will give him two great programs. I'm curious if Parachute is choreographed by him, like his Steal The Show, he's such a talented skater but his programs this year really didn't show that.

Gracie as well needs something that suits her and actually will excite her to skate to. She's indeed out of shape but she can slowly gets fit, there's a lot of time.

ShiroKJ said:
but I'm suddenly really, really nervous about Gracie....oh dear.... :sadPooh:

She looks so different. Has she been injured? :empathy: I hope she gets back in shape soon. I like her skating.

Thanks for the links. :yes:

I don't think it's fair to blame Gracie's decline on Frank. He took her on when she was in a pre-Olympic year panic and coached her to two National titles and some respectable 4th place finishes at international events. When she was on the upswing, she seemed perfectly happy with him as a coach. I think it was only within the last year that their relationship deteriorated, when she apparently stopped listening to anything he said--e.g., skipping the GP events because she was too out of shape.

Graice clearly has some serious anxiety issues related to skating. In all my years of watching skating, I've never seen any elite level skater in such a visible panic prior to taking the ice. And I've never heard a coach trying so hard to calm someone down like I heard Frank trying to do with Gracie.

I agree that SOI video is pretty shocking.

The Gracie video actually looks worse off than the last one I saw about a month ago, so I can't say the trajectory is a good one. :???:

Oh wow, that's devastating to hear. I wonder what their team's approach to the whole situation is. Will they help Gracie adjust her condition later? Or have they tried but didn't succeed??

The original quad king! To think, he was doing 3 quads in a program back in 2002 and that was considered bonkers. Heck, Yuzu's world record skate was 3 quads. Of course Yuzu excels in other areas as well which helped a lot.

:cool: Apparently he's also the TS at our FS club here in NY :grin: