Anyone know Mirai's plans? I know she's been practicing the 3A but I'm curious how soon does she start showing it off. The sooner, the better IMO

Also wish T*L would leave Tessa Hong in peace. She's still incredibly young so i'd wish they stop with the premature hype.

It's the dumb lesson, I don't think you can get them to act any differently than they do, especially now when the better half left.

I think Mirai attempted the 3A in a small competition recently. She fell on it though. But yes, it is do or die for Mirai when it comes to the 3A and securing a spot on the Oly team. She has nothing to lose.

was it rotated?

i feel like she might go the liza route -> do tons of small competitions to get mileage on 3A

Anyone know Mirai's plans? I know she's been practicing the 3A but I'm curious how soon does she start showing it off. The sooner, the better IMO

An icenetwork article says she's going to include it in her FS next season, and yes, she already tried it at some minor Detroit competition after 4CC but it was not a very successful attempt.

Thank you everyone!

An icenetwork article says she's going to include it in her FS next season, and yes, she already tried it at some minor Detroit competition after 4CC but it was not a very successful attempt.

Oh so she does have plans to include it in the FS? Well I do agree with Danibellerika, she has nothing to lose so good for her. Hopefully it'll help with the other jumps too. I admit I have a soft spot for Mirai so would love to see her make it. She has the goods, she "just" has to deliver. Just.

Oh so she does have plans to include it in the FS? Well I do agree with Danibellerika, she has nothing to lose so good for her. Hopefully it'll help with the other jumps too. I admit I have a soft spot for Mirai so would love to see her make it. She has the goods, she "just" has to deliver. Just.

I really hope she does! She is my favorite US lady. Also her attempt at 3A which was posted earlier this year was gorgeous and actually rotated (on some of those recent videos it was underrotated, I think?), so if she gets it to be more or less consistent, it's going to be sooooo good.

Mitaka said:
I really hope she does! She is my favorite US lady. Also her attempt at 3A which was posted earlier this year was gorgeous and actually rotated (on some of those recent videos it was underrotated, I think?), so if she gets it to be more or less consistent, it's going to be sooooo good.

Uh, I honestly don't remember now how it went chronologically but I've seen some rotated ones from her and some URs. Getting it out there as soon as possible is good, so even if she didn't make it during the first small competition, it's practice and under relaxed conditions. She does have a head problem that makes her go tight, so I think going for these where the stakes are lesser might help. Fingers crossed!

Pls pray for Mirai. I want her make the Olympics so bad. The past two seasons she's peaked at 4CC, which is good timing if she does make it to Pyeongchang!

One of the things about Mirai's 4CC appearances is that they are not as high pressure situations as say US Nats. Look at where she was this year, she was in a good place post SP. I really think she has the goods, it's her head that is making it difficult so if she manages to find a way to work with that (it's purely individual, what works for one person, won't work for another) then I think she has a real shot. Who knows, the 3A if it starts working may give her that confidence boost.

A lovely soul uploaded some videos from SOI :pbow:

D/W :

Gracie :

Jeremy :

Karen :

H/Z :

Adam :

Nathan :

Ashley :

Everyone looks great, but I'm suddenly really, really nervous about Gracie....oh dear.... :sadPooh:

^^ she actually has very lovely, smooth flows I'd like to see more from top ladies currently competing. It's such a shame that perhaps her natural body type doesn't want to cooperate with a sport as gruesome as figure skating :((