On 7/14/2020 at 6:04 AM, memae said:

I think if she's able to come out of the COVID times strong and capable and she lands a 3A in competition, it's going to be big for ladies skating. She's in her 20s. She's twice the height of the girls at the front (she looked like a giant compared to them on the ice during warm up at GPF. This is the progress I want to see in ladies skating. I want strong women jumping big jumps properly. If she does it then it'll prove that it's possible for people who aren't 15 to add jumps to their repertoire. Maybe it'll mean we see some longer careers in ladies skating than we've begun to expect. 

eh.  while I agree that some women are certainly able to land big jumps at a later age, I doubt it'll be Bradie.  When I saw her at Skate Canada, I distinctly recall thinking her jumps are on the small side and she's a chronic under rotater.  Even if she's able to make it past the quarter, I think she normally lands at least somewhat short and if she can't fully rotate a triple, I don't see her rotating a 3 axel, which is the hardest jump to cheat.  

Though if the proposed changes to the competition format actually go through, we likely could see longer skating careers.

On 7/15/2020 at 1:01 PM, Veveco said:

Good for her for sort of landing it at a later age, but frankly, the only good thing I can say about it is that she managed to stay upright on one foot.  Properly scored, this "3" axel should get about the same points as a good 2 axel.

But who am I kidding, she'll probably get the "q" rather than the < it deserves.  One of the comments said that she's adding a 2 toe to it, which makes me think she's planning it for competition.  Based on the quality, I would say the lack of GOE makes it not worth the risk, but based on how judging actually happens and the fact that she isn't really a contender anyway, I guess it's smarter to just go for it.  But Alysa Liu is unlikely to keep her "quads" or even "3 axel" through puberty so maybe Amber has an outside shot at national champ if she adds the 3 axel (q) + 3 axel (q)/2 toe.  Even flawed, she'll be able to add a lot to her BV.  

btw, the more Meagan Duhamel writes, the less I like her.  She seriously thinks this is one of the best 3 axels she's ever seen?  Isn't she training to be on the technical panel or something?  No wonder scoring is in the state it's in.

On 8/22/2020 at 1:18 AM, monchan said:

Tom Z lol

She needs that 3A. 

Amber has hers as planned content for her SP. Mariah is on the up and up. If Bradie had that 3A coming together as rumours suggest, it's possibly a good option for her to pursue it so she has it up her sleeve in time for Olympic selection. 

• 3 weeks later...