Watched Nathan's interview with Scott Hamilton today. It's quite long - they basically walked through his career from the start at 3 years of age up until now and looking towards Beijing. There's some chat about Yuzu towards the end. Nathan had lots of nice things to say about him. He was also humble as usual and gave a pretty insightful look at his Olympics experience - he described how he felt as 'terrified', which I think would get anyone in the feels regardless of whether they're a fan of him or not. There's also an interview with Brian and Tracy.

• 2 weeks later...

There’s going to be a live stream of Jordan OnIcePerspectives and Jason Brown late at night for me - 4.30 Eastern Time. 
Not sure I can stick around for so long! 

Jason is an incredible chatterbox and Jordan confessed this was the longest live he’d ever done outside the Open Ice thing. :D 

Not so many revelations, but it was fun to listen to. 

That for sure was a long chat :biggrin: Didn't knew TCC rink is little smaller then usual. Also interesting perspective from an athlete about skating without viewers, it will be sad but better then nothing (not a quote, but the meaning I've got), cuz you still must present programs to judges, also rules change etc.

Just now, Lunna said:

That for sure was a long chat :biggrin: Didn't knew TCC rink is little smaller then usual. Also interesting perspective from an athlete about skating without viewers, it will be sad but better then nothing (not a quote, but the meaning I've got), cuz you still must present programs to judjes, also rules change etc.

I did know it was smaller, but I was wondering what sort of sensations skater were getting of their being no boards. 
That funny incident of Jason expecting a skater at the Nationals to jump out of the way was pretty hilarious. There’s nowhere to jump for them, Jason - no skirting boards or anything, 

2 минуты назад, Fay сказал:

I did know it was smaller, but I was wondering what sort of sensations skater were getting of their being no boards. 
That funny incident of Jason expecting a skater at the Nationals to jump out of the way was pretty hilarious. There’s nowhere to jump for them, Jason - no skirting boards or anything, 

Yes, that was funny :biggrin: also how he looked in the mirrors after cutting ponytail

Both Jordan and Jason appreciated those two girls on the ice being so discreet and considerate. They sure did jump off the ice when Jason was going through his programs. 
And Jason is quite good at falling gracefully. 
I like the colour scheme at TCC - creamy along with brown, sorta pacifying. Compared to most other rinks it looks more homely. the restaurant just behind the window adds up to the atmosphere. Certainly a de luxe place. 

One additional thing (not sure if mentioned elsewhere before): Jason hopes to do two new programs, but he loves the ones he had this season and doesn't feel quite done with them yet.  I wonder if he'll being at least one back for the Olympic season, whenever that is.

It was really fun to watch Jason appreciating his own skating though. Especially when he said that normally, if he watches video of himself, he's just picking apart the details so he can do it better. And when he said how much he missed TCC and skating, he got me in the feels...you could see how hard he's finding it to be off ice. I just wanted to give him a hug.

On 5/12/2020 at 11:51 PM, SitTwizzle said:

Is Nathan Chen to have a gap year, full-skating, or is he "just" free for skating because he has finished his academic year and will resume his studies in September?

Very interesting interview! If Nathan Chen could have more transitions, performance, interpretation in his programs, and better spins too, it would be so great!

In his interview with Scott Hamilton he said he's not sure now because there's a possibility he'll be able to do a lot of his classes online. I think he'd originally planned a 2-year break from studies to focus on the Olympics but with changes that schools are making due to Covid19, if they decide to make more permanent changes with how they present and assess classes, he might be able to continue studying a little bit from California. I think being able to study from California would be the best for him - he needs that Raf time but he also seems to have responded really well by having something else in his life besides skating. I think it helped relieve a lot of pressure on him rather than heaping it on, which is what everyone was worried about. 

Also. Guys. Guyguysguysguysguys... I replied to one of Jason Brown's insta stories recently and he replied! He's always so gracious. I watched his OnIcePerspectives live chat yesterday too - I kinda hope he does repeat his programs. I feel like worlds would have been where it all came together and he was finally going to get that quad. I want that (successful quad) for him so bad. 

On 5/30/2020 at 6:41 AM, Fay said:

Both Jordan and Jason appreciated those two girls on the ice being so discreet and considerate. They sure did jump off the ice when Jason was going through his programs. 
And Jason is quite good at falling gracefully. 
I like the colour scheme at TCC - creamy along with brown, sorta pacifying. Compared to most other rinks it looks more homely. the restaurant just behind the window adds up to the atmosphere. Certainly a de luxe place. 

It has the look of a giant boatshed. I really like it.

It looks very different to any other rink we see footage of.  I wonder if it’s an older design, pre multi purpose rinks.  It’s lovely.  

18 minutes ago, memae said:

I want that (successful quad) for him so bad

Me too!! Not least because so many people were nay-saying it for him back in 2018. Plus anytime someone spits in the eye of the 'you have to be young/small to do quads' trope, it makes me really happy.

1 minute ago, Sombreuil said:

It looks very different to any other rink we see footage of.  I wonder if it’s an older design, pre multi purpose rinks.  It’s lovely.  

It looks like a converted curling rink to me...curling clubs often have that homey feel and no boards.