I think the man are going to be interesting. If Vincent proves even remotely reliable, I think the USFS will go with him. BV is BV and if he has a decent season his PCS will be rising too. That leaves the third spot and the least likely to grab that one is Max I believe. Jason has had two excellent competitions but seems very ambitious in his new layouts so we're going to have to wait and see how that pans out.

Who knows about Josh and of course there's Adam. It's going to be messy.

I told you they had video of her performing and a double flip looked labored. My friend and I have concluded that she is definitely depressed and we don't think her current training location helps matters. I mean...from Cali to Michigan? Leaving your sister who you depended on for a lot? I mean, that'd depress anybody, ESPECIALLY someone like Gracie.

I know people are very attached to Gracie, but I wish everyone could let go of their hopes enough to make it okay for her to quit if she needs to. Because it seems to me like she needs to. It's too bad it's the Olympic year, because otherwise she could take a year off and then reevaluate. But as it is, there's huge pressure for her to compete no matter what.

I told you they had video of her performing and a double flip looked labored. My friend and I have concluded that she is definitely depressed and we don't think her current training location helps matters. I mean...from Cali to Michigan? Leaving your sister who you depended on for a lot? I mean, that'd depress anybody, ESPECIALLY someone like Gracie.

:(

I wish Gracie would skate for herself. **** USFSA for putting all that pressure on her and not letting her develop at her own pace.

I agree, Michigan winter is no joke. I can't imagine leaving cozy California for the Detroit area...

Guys, just please keep any posts about skater's weight appropriate because we know just how much trouble there has been in the past. Thanks!

If mine was it certainly wasn't my intention. She still has a figure 99% of people would kill to have. It's just a question of her readiness to be able to pull off demanding programs with quality jumps.

:(

I wish Gracie would skate for herself. **** USFSA for putting all that pressure on her and not letting her develop at her own pace.

I agree, Michigan winter is no joke. I can't imagine leaving cozy California for the Detroit area...

I really think Boston changed something in her more than anything. She hasn't been the same since. And I don't know what her plans are about sticking around after PC. But really, if she really wants it she has all the talent in the world to make it happen for herself and get back on the team. She's just a big ?????? for now, so I'll leave her there and cross my fingers without holding my breath.

I'm from DC. I love visiting Cali though. All Michigan has for me is an airport that I'd use to connect to another airport to get outta there. I connected there on my way to Japan/Singapore in January and the scenery just doesn't speak to me. I mean, Gracie is from Mass, so I think she is used to the winters but still. At least the airport is nice?

Whatever Gracie has right now is what she brought with her to Michigan. It didn't start there. If things weren't working in Cali, then it's not lack of sunny weather that caused her issues. And really, from the opposite view, sometimes it's harder to train where the weather is nice.... harder to be in a rink training hard when the weather is gorgeous outside and you could be outside on a beach.

All I know is that it has probably not been easy being Gracie Gold since Boston.

Whatever Gracie has right now is what she brought with her to Michigan. It didn't start there. If things weren't working in Cali, then it's not lack of sunny weather that caused her issues. And really, from the opposite view, sometimes it's harder to train where the weather is nice.... harder to be in a rink training hard when the weather is gorgeous outside and you could be outside on a beach.

All I know is that it has probably not been easy being Gracie Gold since Boston.

Yeah I could see where you're coming from. Problems need to be tackled from its roots. No amount of relocating can take away her inner demons if she holds onto them so strongly.

Though the sudden change in her surroundings certainly does not scream much positive improvement for her condition either. I think she's quite a sensitive human being who may not respond too well to drastic measures, or at least not as much as how others would in similar situations.

If mine was it certainly wasn't my intention. She still has a figure 99% of people would kill to have. It's just a question of her readiness to be able to pull off demanding programs with quality jumps.

No, no, it's all good.

Just there was on the previous page the word 'chubby' and I'd rather we avoid those, considering the eating disorders history of figure skating world. As you say, she looks excellent in terms of the rest of us! Otherwise weight does affect skating and jumps no doubt and I see no problem mentioning those.

Whatever Gracie has right now is what she brought with her to Michigan. It didn't start there. If things weren't working in Cali, then it's not lack of sunny weather that caused her issues.

Absolutely but one good thing with the change of enviorment is the change of coaches. I am very glad that she is away from Frank. The way they parted confirmed 100% to me that he is not the right person to work with her at this moment.

Hopefully there is a better approach now to whatever her issues are, we can only guess, but to me they seem complex and something that will need time so I'm hoping that now she has the support to work through those.

Sometimes i really question why some fans are in such a rush to make junior skaters leave their coach in order to get to the podium quicker. I remember at the start of the hype in 2011/2012 season, I could've sworn T*L was already on the "we need to get Gracie to Frank Carroll or another coach stat" boat. I understood she needed refinement but it would've came eventually with a different choreographer (one that wasn't Lori with her usual zzzz programs) to help her work with body movements etc. She really lost a lot of her original shine (.....and her the size of her jumps....) after moving to him. I wonder what she may have accomplished had she never left Ouriashev in the first place.......-___-

Also wish T*L would leave Tessa Hong in peace. She's still incredibly young so i'd wish they stop with the premature hype.