4 hours ago, Figure_Frenzy said:

Anyhow it goes to show that the weigh in routine is widespread among skating coaches, especially those who are old school. We often talk about Eteri's team when we talk about weigh in routine in regards to lady skaters, but Eteri's team is definitely not the only one doing it, there are also Frank Carroll, and (perhaps) Raf too (I mean remember that he openly mocked skaters he deemed to be overweight, especially the ladies :/ )

It is really sad to me that the #1 coach in the USFS system right now is someone who thinks it's appropriate or funny to refer to his young students as cows or 'pigs who can't fly', and openly brags about gaming the scoring system. 

This weekend is Eastern Sectionals in the US. Gracie's there and she needs to place at least 4th (and make the total TES cap of 75) to get to Nationals. She was third at Regionals. I hope she does well - even if her season ends this weekend, I wish her the best personally and hope to see her back on the national stage again someday once she's ready. :11135030:

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/15/2019 at 12:19 AM, river said:

This weekend is Eastern Sectionals in the US. Gracie's there and she needs to place at least 4th (and make the total TES cap of 75) to get to Nationals. She was third at Regionals. I hope she does well - even if her season ends this weekend, I wish her the best personally and hope to see her back on the national stage again someday once she's ready. :11135030:

She's split with her coach too, apparently

I think Vincent was just using her as a bit of a trophy. Like, he's showing off these quads she can jump in a harness on instagram but then she seemed to struggle to get through her programs. I've been getting the feeling that she's trying to click into being competitive but that Vincent's been trying to push for tricks that get attention. I hope she is able to knuckle down and be prepared and do well at nationals. It kind of feels like she's been held back from getting as serious as she wants with her training. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Update on Maia  from a couple of days ago: the tumor was malignant. In her Christmas post on Insta she mentioned it's the first one she's had away from Alex, who is visiting family (grandparents, from memory) but she's too unwell to travel. 

Such sad news. I hope her treatment goes well and that she makes a full recovery. 

I also wonder what happened with him and TomZ last season and now with Tammy.  Lee Barkell has quite a few bigger names now in Granite Club.

I think it won't be easy to get back to shape after 4 months without competing and with a new coach (not sure how much time he spent with Hamada in the past months, probably not much), but we'll see I guess.